Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fair Market Value Opinion Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 02:26 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by CHGO5OH
Well, to put it short the bike deal never went through. My brother-in-law (freakin worm) really screwed me on this. He gets rear ended by a taxi the day i gave it to him, decides to take it to another HD dealer, makes plans to fix/customize it and then leaves it at the dealer for TWO YEARS the same way it came in. He had them order several after market parts as well as some HD parts that he wanted and just stopped calling. Now I have to show proof that the Harley is mine because the idiots at the dealer thought it was my brother-in-laws Harley. Also, I have 1000 in parts that i have to pay a 20% restocking fee, my deductible and a new battery. For 2 years he lied saying the bike was getting worked on so I finally called and I get this. What an idiot, I sure learned my lesson! I was desperate and needed the money, but I was still making payments. I guess it wasn't that bad after all. It's good to be back!
You made payments on a bike for two years and didnt know where it was?
You have some serious other problems too.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
zfdtruckman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I don't understand why someone would put themselves in this situation. I saved and paid cash on delivery. I don't believe in using credit on non-essential items. I do feel for you and your problem and hope things work out in your favor.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:20 PM
kccustom
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zfdtruckman
I guess I don't understand why someone would put themselves in this situation. I saved and paid cash on delivery. I don't believe in using credit on non-essential items. I do feel for you and your problem and hope things work out in your favor.
Want a cookie or something? Sheesh, anything can happen to anybody.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:00 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
You made payments on a bike for two years and didnt know where it was?
You have some serious other problems too.
I knew where it was. I had family issues to say the least and he(The worm) had given me a down payment for the Harley. I just decided to call him on his bluff. I'm so embarrassed & I deserve what I get. I think what bothers me the most is not riding for almost 2 years.

Last edited by CHGO5OH; 04-21-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:10 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zfdtruckman
If I save almost 25K, it's going to my mortgage and nothing else. Do i really need the bike? Nope. We always get things we dont need and regret it later or not. I'm going to enjoy my life and geting the Harley is part of that. I envy & applaud you for paying cash. Let's not forget that SH*T happens. It is a lesson learned though.