Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fair Market Value Opinion Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:35 AM
papa_freeman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just curious...

what did the book say it is worth???

Old 08-05-2009, 11:03 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Firetender
Interest X Rate X Time + Cost - Depreciation = Upside Down
West coast dealers use www.kbb.com as NADA doesn't seem to work for Left Side values.
Very sorry to hear about your calamity. However, there will be some great deals on gently used Hogs later when you're on your feet again. We'll ride again!
Thanks. I will give it 2 years before I buy again.(LORD willing)

Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Originally Posted by papa_freeman
what did the book say it is worth???
NADA
$17765 without choosing options and $19894 with the options they have listed. I have the warranty & tire/wheel package as well. I went all out on this one, I got everything on it.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:46 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a shame you have to let her go, but hopefully times will turn around and you'll be back riding before long. Good Luck.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:51 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a horrible market in used vehicles at this moment, plus you have every person out there trying to capitalize on the people that are in financial need.
Good luck!!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:28 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
It's a shame you have to let her go, but hopefully times will turn around and you'll be back riding before long. Good Luck.
Hopefully sooner than later. Thanks

Old 08-05-2009, 01:32 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Originally Posted by big_al
It is a horrible market in used vehicles at this moment, plus you have every person out there trying to capitalize on the people that are in financial need.
Good luck!!!!
Your right, that's why I cut my losses now and get back up on my feet. I will ride again. Thanks!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:44 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

I want to thank you guys for all the kind words and advice. I'm on my way to strip her down and wash her up. I was fortunate enough to find someone to buy it from me. I really wish times were better, not just for me, but for everyone.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:53 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear you have to sell her, but at least it didn't take ya long to find someone to buy it. 10:29 this morning initial post, 2:44 in the afternoon and its sold. If only the real estate market would work this quick!

The fair market values you mentioned seemed more than fair to me as well. $17,765 for a bike that was $19k when new seems like a darn good price.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:53 PM
CHGO5OH
Tourer
Default I'm Back!

Well, to put it short the bike deal never went through. My brother-in-law (freakin worm) really screwed me on this. He gets rear ended by a taxi the day i gave it to him, decides to take it to another HD dealer, makes plans to fix/customize it and then leaves it at the dealer for TWO YEARS the same way it came in. He had them order several after market parts as well as some HD parts that he wanted and just stopped calling. Now I have to show proof that the Harley is mine because the idiots at the dealer thought it was my brother-in-laws Harley. Also, I have 1000 in parts that i have to pay a 20% restocking fee, my deductible and a new battery. For 2 years he lied saying the bike was getting worked on so I finally called and I get this. What an idiot, I sure learned my lesson! I was desperate and needed the money, but I was still making payments. I guess it wasn't that bad after all. It's good to be back!

Quick Reply: Fair Market Value Opinion Needed