Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prices on 2010 Ultra Limited?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds to me like production numbers are down and so the dealers know they will have no problem getting more than MSRP for the 2010 Limited. Keeping the price point high will help them sell the 09's.

The best idea, IMHO, is to try and find an 09 in a color you like with ABS and security and try to work a deal at 1K or 2K under MSRP and then do the upgrades and accessories that you want. Keep in mind that you'll probably end up buying new headpipes for the 2010 anyway, to get rid of the Cat. I also think that the bag guards complete the overall Ultra look as well as the added practical value.

Easy to get excited about a new bike, but I think the true value is in the 09's. Once more people and dealers realize this the 09's will go fast and the under MSRP deals will go away.

Out of curiosity, are any dealers carrying 2010 FLHTCU's??

Old 08-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess it pays being a loyal customer. I could walk into my local dealership and ride off on a Limited today for around $25k OTD.

But I really don't understand the high mark-ups on this model. It isn't like it is limited production or that much over a regular Ultra.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Monstermile
I guess it pays being a loyal customer. I could walk into my local dealership and ride off on a Limited today for around $25k OTD.

But I really don't understand the high mark-ups on this model. It isn't like it is limited production or that much over a regular Ultra.
I think the deal here MM is that Delaware has no sales tax, so that same bike OTD in Cali would be about $27,250.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:45 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
Buying the bike in Oregon will not save you the tax unless you live there or figure out a scam to keep it registered there.

Don't forget to add in the helical cut 5th gear and then take a deduct back away for the crappy color choices and the CAT that is now in all 2010 touring bike headpipes, all 50 states.
A note for anyone thinking that's easy: Its NOT. I tried that; I have an address there and everything. Unless you want to get a drivers license there they will stick a special investigator on you to make sure your bike is there and if not they deny your registration and then contact your home state and let then know what your up to; not a good deal.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clint55
I think the deal here MM is that Delaware has no sales tax, so that same bike OTD in Cali would be about $27,250.
That's why these out the door threads are rediculous. The only thing that we should compare is the price of the bike, period. Of course, then you have people who trade, buy the extended service plan, finance through the dealer, etc. which will give the dealer room to lower the bike price.

Last edited by Boltsfaninmo; 10-12-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:41 PM
dlcx2dlcx2
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in South West Arkansas and just bought a 2010 Ultra limited for MSRP. It is the Black over Black Ice Pearl. It is getting lots of attention and I like this bike more every day. I've owned alot of Harleys over the years, but I really think this one is the best. Only draw back; many of the add on's don't fit and won't be available until October.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:54 PM
remike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Monstermile

Seaford or Mike's?

Old 09-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Harley Limited
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 ultra limited

Just ordered mine last week, paid $23K OTD plus taxes. I did not buy it in the state I live in so they couldnt do the taxes. When all is said and done I will have about $24,115 in the bike.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 PM
KahunaJim
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Just priced one yesterday....

Wabash H-D in Terre Haute, Indiana quoted me $25 even for a limited with the custom color Merlot and Cherry Red sunglow yesterday. No frt. or setup added. $25,000 plus Indiana tax and License $26,883 OTD. The same bike would cost me $28,412 in Kentucky. Only problem is that color has been pushed back to November so it looks like probably December before I can get one.....but suffice to say it looks like I'll be makin' a road trip in December

Old 09-10-2009, 11:54 PM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Bakersfield HD had one, sales guy told me base price is 28,999..... about 32k out the door.... which is where I went, out the door....

/

Quick Reply: Prices on 2010 Ultra Limited?