Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 FLTRX VENTED Lowers?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Gizmo83
Road Master
Received 570 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by tsemclarney
I do not want to miss lead you, the ones I tried were from a 2007, harley may have made changes to make them fit, and the new ones will retro fit on older bikes.
Right, I understand. I'm hoping that is the case. I will post up a thread if/when I get them installed.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:53 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FROM HD P&A catalog:
NEW VENTERD LOWERS
"Fits '83-later Touring and Trike models (except '98-'09 FLTR). Stock on FLHTCU, FLHTK and FLHTCUTG. '10 FLHXSE and FLHXXX models require the installation of Engine Guard P/N 49184-09 or 49050-09. Will not fit with Mustache Engine Guards"

I seen em on a 2010 FLTRX ...for you grammer folks, I am in da south...

Old 10-11-2009, 12:54 PM
FUZZY
Tourer

I sure would like a first hand install report.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:59 PM
marcparnes
Road Captain

Installation takes maybe 30 minutes or less. A few hand tools and the instructions that come with the lowers and you're all set. Is there something in particular you wanted to know?

Marc

Originally Posted by FUZZY
I sure would like a first hand install report.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:12 PM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the vented lowers from my 02 Road King on my 07 Road Glide last year. I notched the rubber trim on the lowers where it touched the fairing, other than that, it fits fine.

For some, this would not be acceptable...in my case I already had the lowers, and definitely wanted the Harley vented ones. 2010 models weren't out yet.

Mark posted a thread a few weeks ago on changing the fairing brackets on an older RG to those on the new 2010 model. This allows the vebted fairing to fit without any cutting.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...n-a-09-rg.html

Mark is extremely talented, I wouldn't try this myself, but the thread is informative.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:31 PM
FUZZY
Tourer

Originally Posted by marcparnes
Installation takes maybe 30 minutes or less. A few hand tools and the instructions that come with the lowers and you're all set. Is there something in particular you wanted to know?

Marc
I was just looking @ a set on a '07 SE Ultra & the ones on H-D catalog must be different for 2010 as the tabs off '07 cap look as if they they would hit fairing bracket on my '10?

Old 10-11-2009, 01:35 PM
FUZZY
Tourer

Originally Posted by gregbenner
I installed the vented lowers from my 02 Road King on my 07 Road Glide last year. I notched the rubber trim on the lowers where it touched the fairing, other than that, it fits fine.

For some, this would not be acceptable...in my case I already had the lowers, and definitely wanted the Harley vented ones. 2010 models weren't out yet.

Mark posted a thread a few weeks ago on changing the fairing brackets on an older RG to those on the new 2010 model. This allows the vebted fairing to fit without any cutting.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...n-a-09-rg.html

Mark is extremely talented, I wouldn't try this myself, but the thread is informative.
Thanks. I did see this. I was concerned that pre '10 lowers say off an Ultra will not fit with the length of upper mounting caps. Seem too long & would hit fairing brackets?

Old 10-16-2009, 09:43 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
FROM HD P&A catalog:
NEW VENTERD LOWERS
"Fits '83-later Touring and Trike models (except '98-'09 FLTR). Stock on FLHTCU, FLHTK and FLHTCUTG. '10 FLHXSE and FLHXXX models require the installation of Engine Guard P/N 49184-09 or 49050-09. Will not fit with Mustache Engine Guards"

I seen em on a 2010 FLTRX ...for you grammer folks, I am in da south...
I'm fuggin confused!!...for you Southern grammar folks, I'm in da North!!

Old 10-16-2009, 10:08 AM
FUZZY
Tourer
Talking

Originally Posted by shredsurf
I'm fuggin confused!!...for you Southern grammar folks, I'm in da North!!
Yes, I can read. I do have a catalog as well. I also looked @ '07 lowers on a friends ultra & top caps looked a little long to clear fairing brace. I have no problem ordering the ones from catalog for fitment, as they could be universal for prior year ultras & '10 RG since making top caps shorter would not effect ultras. The same may not have been true for prior year ultra fitting '10 RG. If I'm going to spend my $ on used lowers I wanted first hand knowledge of fitment. Kinda funny about stuff like that down here in the Great State Of Texas.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:04 PM
shredsurf
Road Master

I'm just sitting here thinkin....smell the smoke? I may have to remove my Kuryakyn driving lights in order to get the lowers on?!?!?

Is anyone running lowers with the Kuryakyn driving lights?

I love those lights!

Attached Thumbnails 2010 FLTRX VENTED Lowers?????-bike-002.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2010 FLTRX VENTED Lowers?????