Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogpro wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 03:52 PM
hondo1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hogpro wheels

I am in the process of buying black wheels for my '09 RG. Through a client I can get a good deal on wheels from Performance Machine but like a certain style from Hogpro a little more.

Does anyone have any experience with Hogpro wheels as to quality, customer service, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:00 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I dealt with Phil from Hogpro when I bought mine. Straight shooter and fair on the price..............that being, if you think over 3 grand for motorcycle wheels is a smart move.....LOL.

Performance Machine has some sweet looking stuff as well so the discounted price you may be able to capitalize on by going PM may be nice too.

Which wheels from either manufacturer do you like?

Old 08-03-2009, 04:13 PM
crewchief25
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 23 Posts

PM is cutting and finishing most of the Hogpro wheels. Call Phil and ask, he will tell who is making what. I have Deviate wheels, they are being made by PM. I've bought 2 sets from them in 3 years, you can't go wrong. Just like Ultra said......

Old 08-03-2009, 04:15 PM
hondo1
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
I dealt with Phil from Hogpro when I bought mine. Straight shooter and fair on the price..............that being, if you think over 3 grand for motorcycle wheels is a smart move.....LOL.

Performance Machine has some sweet looking stuff as well so the discounted price you may be able to capitalize on by going PM may be nice too.

Which wheels from either manufacturer do you like?

Hogpro Black Magic - Primitive & Indy
PM - Riviera Contrast Cut

Old 08-03-2009, 04:26 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

HOGPRO BLACK MAGIC Primitive:

HOGPRO BLACK MAGIC Indy:

PERFORMANCE MACHINE Riveria contrast cut:

Hmmmmmm.........I'm partial to the aesthetics of the Primitive Contrast cut myself, BUT those PM Riviera's are the cats meow too!

If you liked the Hogpro Primitives and can get the PM Gassers for a better price, I'd go with those as a possibility. The PM Gasser has been a fav of mine too, but again, those PM Rivieras are sweeeeeeeeet!!!

PM Gasser:

Old 08-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hondo1
I am in the process of buying black wheels for my '09 RG. Through a client I can get a good deal on wheels from Performance Machine but like a certain style from Hogpro a little more.

Does anyone have any experience with Hogpro wheels as to quality, customer service, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Hog Pro will definitely give you a better deal on wheels than these other manufactures will for sure, Phil is a great guy to deal with as well. One thing though you need to be sure of is fitment and I would question them on this. They have had quite alot of problems with fitment issues regarding the location of the rotors relative to the calipers. It seems that the Brembo brakes are not as forgiving and will not allow as much float as the old style calipers. I know of three bikes in my area alone, mine included that had issues with the rotors not being in the center of the rotors.
Phil helped me out alot when the problem became apparent. Definitely bring the issue up though before purchase in case you have an issue.
Good Luck.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:46 PM
VT Hog
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

HogPro all the way. Phil is the man. Bought mine and put on 8000 miles this year with them and could not be happier!!

Old 08-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3yrs and 20K miles later I'm still extremely happy with the fit, finish and service I received from HogPros!

Primo

P.S. As far as I can tell the only thing Phil is married to may be his wife. He will deal.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Rodman813
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great company.....I bought my set about 2 yrs ago( rims, matching rotors, AND tires)..Love them.....still going strong....

Great customer service......I'd go no other way..........

Old 08-03-2009, 06:27 PM
bigjimhp
Cruiser

Hogpro treated me well also. I amazed a lot of cats who thought $3500 for rims was standard price. Phil set me up very swell

Quick Reply: Hogpro wheels