Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converters and slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 07:36 AM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Converters and slip-ons

Hi

I could noy disagree with you more, the harley sound is the stock one, IMHO its the one with the after market pipes, my 2 cents.
ORIGINAL: Boof

Bob,

Mine are not IIs; was just saying I didn't understand that model addendum.

Put the slip-ons on today. Taking off the stock mufflers, I read what was on the underside of them. 06 at the end of the model number, and CATALYST on the right muffler only.

Seems you might be able to get around the cat. issue by ordering stock '05 muffs... just a thought.

So, I'll take heat for this, but after starting the bike & revving some with the SEs, I put the stockers back on. Though I HATE the heat from the converter (I know that's not the cause of all of it-but it sure contributes), the stock sound--sorry guys--is what a Harley sounds like to me. I know this is sacrilege on this forum, and I'm happy for anyone who finds joy in the loud ones. But there were cop patrols all around where I grew up, and starting when I was a little kid I loved the sound of their bikes. Loved that sound for more than 40 years now, and finally can make that sound with my own Harley.

So I guess there's a set of SE slashdowns and an air cleaner that's never been out of the box for sale, at some point.

Thanks for all the good replies.

RR