Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stretched bags w/stock SG rear fender

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 03:40 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Stretched bags w/stock SG rear fender

Has anyone done this? I really like the stock rear fender on my 08 SG and I've done some custom stuff to the tailight, signal lights and license plate holder so really don't want to have to swap it for new rear fender. The question is; has anyone done any stretched bags, Bad Dad, Milwaukee Baggers, Ness, etc., and kept their stock SG rear fender? I'd love to see some pictures before I decide what to order.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:54 PM
stevepacman
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I am looking at similar options. I personaly think the 4" stretched bags with the SG fender looks a little strange. I have bought the HD add-on bag extensions and plan to install them after I get them painted. The fenders at Baddad are the coolest looking IMO. If I go that route, I will get their fender and stretched bags with frenched in lic. plate and led brake & turn signals.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:15 PM
skydoc
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FLHX fascia has unique style. CVO with no tri-lite missed the mark but the new one piece extended bags are $weet.

Bad Dad = co$tly way to make a rear end look goofy!

Last edited by skydoc; 08-01-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:36 PM
adam_kurtz
Cruiser

i like my baddad.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:57 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

I like Bad Dad stuff too. But if I was going to do a fender it would be a RWD, Klock Werks or something from Sinister. Still would like to see a SG with stock rear fender and stretched bags. May be out of luck however. The new stretched CVO bags for the SG are ok, and suprisingly not that far out of wack price wise painted at $1050 from Zanotti's but as much as I thought I liked them at first, saw them in person today and not all that crazy about the slant on them, they don't make a 2-1 option which I won't change for and in some ways they are almost too subtle for money.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:25 PM
joewg3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like the stock fender with the stretched bags. I've seen a few on some of the manufacturers sites and wouldn't even consider the stretched bags without replacing the fender too. Just my opinion though.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:50 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Bad Dad makes a 2in extension that looks good with the stock fender. If you look at the pics on their site it is under the Street Glides.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:10 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FFeric
Bad Dad makes a 2in extension that looks good with the stock fender. If you look at the pics on their site it is under the Street Glides.
I may actually go that route as much as I hate to think of the waste of money for the actual part, labor to bond it to the bag and then the paint. You're getting pretty close to the cost of the entire bags.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:34 AM
skydoc
Banned

2" Bad Dad

Last edited by skydoc; 08-02-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:01 AM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your right XXX, better to buy the whole bag new than do the molding and bodywork, besides theres the seam that is left, it's always slightly visable, cost is about the same if you have it done. The one's in Skydocs photo look good if you don't mind the 2 piece look, and the 2" baddad look even better. If I had it to do again I would do the fender from Klock Works or Sinister instead of the fender cover, but all in allI do like the Phat look of the rear end.

Last edited by phat96; 08-02-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Stretched bags w/stock SG rear fender