Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detachable Tour pak for 09 Ultra questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Rubbit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detachable Tour pak for 09 Ultra questions.

Bought the kit and started looking at the kit and and not real sure about all the wiring for speakers and everything as far as where to put them. Im looking to put a street glide seat on it, but looks like all the wires will show. If anybody came up with or has a good idea for cleaning it up when the packs off, i would appreciate it. Thanks ahead of time.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:23 PM
ojgp
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rubbit
Bought the kit and started looking at the kit and and not real sure about all the wiring for speakers and everything as far as where to put them. Im looking to put a street glide seat on it, but looks like all the wires will show. If anybody came up with or has a good idea for cleaning it up when the packs off, i would appreciate it. Thanks ahead of time.
Just wrapped up this install yesterday. A little time consuming but a relatively straightforward installation. The speaker wires and the tail that powers the trunk lights all coil up neatly right under the riders seat and totally out of sight. The two antenna leads are routed along the frame behind the bags and they too are out of sight. Another positive thing is with that big-*** "anchor" off of the bike and that weight at shoulder height way-in-the-back gone, the bike feels (better) and handles like a completely different motorcycle. After finishing I reversed it a couple of times and it takes less than ten minutes to go back and forth from tour pack to no tour pack.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:28 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

What is the part number for that kit? Does the kit include "everything" or is like most Harley stuff and also requires xxxxxxxxxxx part number.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ojgp
Just wrapped up this install yesterday. A little time consuming but a relatively straightforward installation. The speaker wires and the tail that powers the trunk lights all coil up neatly right under the riders seat and totally out of sight. The two antenna leads are routed along the frame behind the bags and they too are out of sight. Another positive thing is with that big-*** "anchor" off of the bike and that weight at shoulder height way-in-the-back gone, the bike feels (better) and handles like a completely different motorcycle. After finishing I reversed it a couple of times and it takes less than ten minutes to go back and forth from tour pack to no tour pack.
Did you buy the wiring harness it says you need. Or did you just unplug the lights wiring inside the trunk and pull it thru the hole in the pack?

Old 08-01-2009, 03:08 PM
ojgp
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rubbit
Did you buy the wiring harness it says you need. Or did you just unplug the lights wiring inside the trunk and pull it thru the hole in the pack?
I bought the kit for two reasons...one, for the relocation hardware and jumper for the CB antenna and two, that "just unplug the lights wiring inside the trunk and pull it thru the hole in the pack" stuff ain't quite that simple. The harness inside the trunk is too short to hang out without some "adjustment", the OEM connector is under the trunk liner, and the plugs in the kit are weather resistant.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

thanks for the info OJGP. Ill pick up the harness tommorrow.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

its going to rain sunday i can help you i just looked at one today

Old 08-02-2009, 02:40 AM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 7125
its going to rain sunday i can help you i just looked at one today
thanks gabe, ill give you a call.