Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED rear tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:40 AM
jcanrun
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default LED rear tail lights?

Anyone install the Harley LED tail light listed in the parts and accessories catalog? The one with 20 LED's. How about any other brands of LED rear tail lights such as the Kuryakyn that J & P cycles carriers? I want to have a brighter rear tail light and think this is the way to go. Is the install just a plug in and don't have to rewire anything or take off the rear fender to get to the wiring harness? Thanks.

Last edited by jcanrun; 08-01-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:51 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Bright-*** Brake Light -

(Blog and bad photos here: http://www.johnscrip.com/html/blog_f...ass_lights.php

Long story short - It's freaking wonderful and took around 45 seconds to install.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:48 AM
MillerTed
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcanrun
Anyone install the Harley LED tail light listed in the parts and accessories catalog? The one with 20 LED's. How about any other brands of LED rear tail lights such as the Kuryakyn that J & P cycles carriers? I want to have a brighter rear tail light and think this is the way to go. Is the install just a plug in and don't have to rewire anything or take off the rear fender to get to the wiring harness? Thanks.
i have been more than happy with my ride time technology light as it has 103 leds at a certain angle of focus, it was the only one that i found that was made in the USA, and the owner Keith is a great person. also purchased his front and rear fender led tip lights. good stuff. waiting to purchase his turn signals - ted

Old 08-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Chasenfish
Road Captain

I put on the HD chrome light, added the run/brake/turn module, and LEDs on the turn signals and fender tip. I am very happy with the results, as I got the desired increase in visibility. The HD light is plug & play, only a 15 minute job including getting the tools out and putting everything away. Just a couple of screws and one wiring plug.

Last edited by Chasenfish; 08-01-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I currently run a Street Magic tail light which has a 48 LED Radiantz cluster inside. Pretty bright even in daylight. Have a BrightAssLights tail on the way from my local dealer. Blinding bright. And it has like 30 different braking flash patterns you can use. Pricey but well worth it IMO. Also has a five year warranty.

Personally I would stay away from the Kuryakyn. They are not that bright. I have been behind two different people with one and you can barely see it in daylight. I don't care how many people on here wanna argue about that. I wouldn't waste my money or risk my safety.

BilletBoys I would avoid too. Saw a top of the line one that the local dealership ordered for a customer. Complete junk. The build quality was terrible. And it costs more than a BrightAssLights.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Towboater07
Tourer

I purchased my leds for www.ridetimetechonolgy.com with very good results. He make the lights then ships them to you. I have the tail, finder tip, tour pak, and the 14 inch light bar. Friends say that they are awsome even in the bright sun light. Sorry for no before and after pics.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:34 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Monstermile;5357115]I currently run a Street Magic tail light which has a 48 LED Radiantz cluster inside. Pretty bright even in daylight. Have a BrightAssLights tail on the way from my local dealer. Blinding bright. And it has like 30 different braking flash patterns you can use. Pricey but well worth it IMO. Also has a five year warranty.

+1 more than happy with the extremely bright light from the Bright *** Tail light and the Street magic (custom dynamics) LED turn signals (which i use with a run/turn/brake adaptor).

Last edited by gman; 08-02-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:01 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Kury LED on my Fat Boy and the chrome HD LED on my RG.

I agree with Monstermile, the Kury is not that bright. The HD is pleanty bright. I may end up switching the one on Fat Boy.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Towboater07
I purchased my leds for www.ridetimetechonolgy.com with very good results. He make the lights then ships them to you. I have the tail, finder tip, tour pak, and the 14 inch light bar. Friends say that they are awsome even in the bright sun light. Sorry for no before and after pics.

+1 on these!

Old 08-01-2009, 02:46 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnScrip
I have the Bright-*** Brake Light -

(Blog and bad photos here: http://www.johnscrip.com/html/blog_f...ass_lights.php

Long story short - It's freaking wonderful and took around 45 seconds to install.
I think load of riders in Tampa have bright *** lights and must say they are noticeable. When I get the $$$, gonna get 2 sets for my wife and I.

http://www.brightasslights.com/site/

Quick Reply: LED rear tail lights?