Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Garage Door Opener

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:14 PM
nocarb
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rickpeg
I made sure the wires are still attached to my garage door opener. And then I went through the programing set-up by pressing and holding the button on the H-D open, then turned the bike IGN and cylced the low/hi beam lights. The red light on the opener illuminated just like it is supposed to. After that when I cycle the low/hi beam lights, it still doesn't open my garage door. Anything else that I can check or anything that can be done to fix it?

Are you holding button down on receiver while operating headlights? LED on transmitter should be blinking while button is pressed on receiver.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Tin Man 1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I am. I don't know what the problem could be.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:30 PM
nocarb
Road Master

Is the LED flashing on transmitter?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Tin Man 1
Cruiser

The transmitter is installed inside the fairing. The LED is illuminated on the receiver. When I go through the programming process and push and hold the button on the receiver, it flashes. When I turn the IGN and cycle the lights the flashing LED on the receiver turns off until I let go of the button, then the LED is illuminated again.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:55 PM
nocarb
Road Master

I wish I could help more. It sounds like you have it programmed correctly. Maybe try resetting the receiver. The only other thing would be wiring from receiver to door opener.

How long has this worked before it stopped working?

Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Tin Man 1
Cruiser

It has worked without fail since Oct, 2006.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Chainman
Tourer

Last time mine had this problem one of the wires from the reciever to the garage door opener motor had come loose. you couldn't tell to look at it but when I touched it it fell out reconnected and has worked fine ever since.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:42 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have had that happen a couple of times and what I found was the transmitter had moved, I have a RK and on mine you stick the transmitter to the fork neck with double sided tape, when it gets hot it falls off the neck and the transmitter stops working.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:52 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I hve never had any problems with mine. I was thinking about selling my bike. How hard is it to get gout of the bike? Where is it?

Old 08-01-2009, 09:11 PM
SG Mike
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Programming the Remote

Originally Posted by brettnbama
Does anyone know if the HD remote works with Genie Intellicode openers? My Charger has homelink and I can't get it to program with my garage door. I am afraid to buy the Harley part and it not function. Also, has anyone mounted one out of site on a Road King?

Hi not to hi-jack the tread but in order to program the Genie with your Intellicode with Homelink you have to program once and the follow the setup the second time to make your homelink work. Read the directions for the Genie Intellicode to Homelink programming instructions. To answer your second question yes it will work with the Harley remote.

Quick Reply: Harley Garage Door Opener