Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rossmeyer Accident Report

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Joshman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I agree dones't really look like an official accident report but none the less he had some really cool HD shops and will be missed for sure. Great man...

Old 08-02-2009, 03:40 PM
iceman5218
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
Sorry but I can't belive thats the official police report. In my accident which was non fatal (obviously since I'm writing this) it was 12 pages long. There is no way that the write up is that short or done that quick by the police department.
Middle of nowhere WY might be able to produce more with less.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Benn thinking ( yeah I know)..but let's assume ( that's what we've been ding anyway)

you're riding along a lonely stretch of highway with 5 riding buds....you come upon a truck pulling a camper, OK you're doing 70MPH...everything else is perfect ( weather, road, riders etc...) the truck/camper is doing say 60MPH....everyone takes a look, clear ahead and passes....

OK, same scenario except the truck/camper is doing 20MPH...ummmmm something is going on here....the reason I say that is the truck was turning into a dirt road....not to many trucks make that turn at 60MPH..

I feel it would incumbent upon the riders to make sure the path was clear to pass and that the truck/camper doing 20 MPH was not turning, stopping etc.....

It would be entirely different of the bikes were on the road and the truck/camper made a left turn into the bikes.....

I think we'll find that it was a tragic accident.....no ones fault, bad decisions made.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Okay.......... One more guess, repeat guess.

Let's the say the campers turn signal was on for a really, really, long time. I know here in Florida, and elsewhere, that 'some' people seem to turn there signals on way ahead, and I mean way ahead, or way too late. Maybe the riders got tired of waiting. They're probably not sure, or can't see any stop signs or turn-offs coming up, the blinker has been going on for 1/2 mile, maybe 1-2 miles, and...............

Just a guess.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's possible, but in that situation, I always approach the subject vehicle at only a couple of miles per hour faster than they are going. As I approach the drivers door, I make lots of noise, so they know I'm there. If the guy turns in front of me, I've got a really good chance of avoiding the vehicle at the speed I'm running.
It's easy to say, but I wasn't there either.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:22 PM
BlackDenimBob
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Peppa1
Here is the link to the accident report from Bruce Rossmeyer's motorcycle accident yesterday.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/do...yer_report.pdf

His SEX was 73?...looks like someone FUBARed that one...

Old 08-07-2009, 09:30 AM
emxgarcia
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
Who knows if the guy really had the turn signal on? Was it his word against a dead man
just asking........my bud was knocked out cold by a guy backing out of his driveway without looking, he just shot right out( witness later testified) but he told the cops it was my buds fault , my buddy could not say what happened on accident site as he was in meat wagon out cold.

Just saying I was not there............RIP to Bruce..
The truck/RV driver and probably was confirmed by the sixth rider (who most likely saw everything happen). I mean, if the truck/RV had the turn signal on, lying about it wouldn't bring Rossmeyer back to life so no sense on his riding buddy to lye about it.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The story I'm hearing is that the 6th rider ended up passing on the right to avoid a collision. Why would he do that if the vehicle was signaling and braking properly?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:05 PM
mphamrick
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to hear it. God Bless Him