Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Models

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 03:38 PM
FLSpringerSE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2011 Models

Figured I might as well get the ball rolling on this topic. Something big has got to be coming for 2011 after the "nothing new" 2010 releases. I mean seriously things must be real bad at the MOCO...when your "new" models are "old" models with parts bolted onto them from "other" models.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:49 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

give it a rest !!!!!. enjoy the summer - go riding.. make some money - then think about 2011 bikes....

Old 07-30-2009, 04:01 PM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Considering the state of all things economic in this country right now, I'd say they did pretty good coming out with anything new. Who's with me here? I actually thought there was a real possibility that 2010 would be EXACTLY like 2009 with just a few new colors.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:05 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

We must really be spoiled. I know of no other motorcycle manufacturer that makes as many changes and introduces as many new bikes as Harley. My non-Harley riding buddies are always waiting to find what Harley did each year. They don't do that for their bikes because it not as big a deal. And, in the last couple years Harley has introduced several new bikes including Crossbones, Rocker and Muscle.

I just read that article the compared the four touring bikes from Victory, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Harley. The Ultra won and the reason they gave was that it stays a head of its competition by upgrading and changing to keep up. Just because the 2000 Ultra looks like the 2010 Ultra doesn't mean that they are the same bike. I'm not even sure the saddle bags and fairing are the same, but certainly nothing else is. In fact, I think the main reason many of us like Harleys is because they don’t go out of style, but do keep up with the times. You can’t say that about Goldwings. A 10 year old Goldwing looks like a 10 year old bike and cannot be confused for the Goldwings five years earlier or five years later. I just went by a Honda/Yamaha/Victory dealership to look at some helmets and when I walked through their showroom. BORING. I will admit Victory is trying.

I was personally impressed with as many changes as we saw with Harley this year. 2008 and 2009 were banner years for changes and new bikes, I thought they would take a break in 2010. I think MOCO takes more risk on new ideas than any other bike maker. The Rocker was a huge flop, but Crossbones are all over the place. Give Harley credit, they are trying.

Beary

Old 07-30-2009, 05:24 PM
FLSpringerSE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess it just me...I just have a problem with calling them "new" bikes when there really isn't anything new. They are just 2010's. Granted I know every manufacturer cannot update their entire line especially with the current economic climate but come on give me one new model...or something with an update that says, "come on I know you have an '09 but you really want me!" I am sorry but this is what keeps people trading in on new models and new buyers walking in the door. I have been fortunate enough to own a new model year since 2003...this is the first year I'll keep what I got.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:34 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I surely would love to have one of those old "Ultra Limited" Harleys, in red of course!

Old 07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
88b
Tourer

I got a VIP invite to go and see the NEW models because I already own a Harley. The letter goes on about all the exciting changes they even included a little book with all the bikes, except it's so full of BS you can't actually see anything of the bikes.if this continues I can't ever see me buying another new HD, I love my RG but i can see a BMW or Guzzi with it in the garage.
Anyone know how to stop BMW's keep heading for Poland ?

Old 07-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beary
We must really be spoiled. I know of no other motorcycle manufacturer that makes as many changes and introduces as many new bikes as Harley. My non-Harley riding buddies are always waiting to find what Harley did each year. They don't do that for their bikes because it not as big a deal. And, in the last couple years Harley has introduced several new bikes including Crossbones, Rocker and Muscle.

I just read that article the compared the four touring bikes from Victory, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Harley. The Ultra won and the reason they gave was that it stays a head of its competition by upgrading and changing to keep up. Just because the 2000 Ultra looks like the 2010 Ultra doesn't mean that they are the same bike. I'm not even sure the saddle bags and fairing are the same, but certainly nothing else is. In fact, I think the main reason many of us like Harleys is because they don’t go out of style, but do keep up with the times. You can’t say that about Goldwings. A 10 year old Goldwing looks like a 10 year old bike and cannot be confused for the Goldwings five years earlier or five years later. I just went by a Honda/Yamaha/Victory dealership to look at some helmets and when I walked through their showroom. BORING. I will admit Victory is trying.

I was personally impressed with as many changes as we saw with Harley this year. 2008 and 2009 were banner years for changes and new bikes, I thought they would take a break in 2010. I think MOCO takes more risk on new ideas than any other bike maker. The Rocker was a huge flop, but Crossbones are all over the place. Give Harley credit, they are trying.

Beary
I'm with Beary on this one. FLSpringer...must be nice to be able to trade in every year for a new bike....maybe thats your problem. Maybe your bored with HD cause your spoiled. think the MOCO did a decent job this year concidering this shitty economy. I like the bikes this year and if I wasn't trying to relocate I would have a new Ultra Limited on order. go buy you a vision so you can join their forum and give the other guy some company....lol
just sayin.....

Old 07-31-2009, 09:18 AM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FLSpringerSE
I guess it just me...I just have a problem with calling them "new" bikes when there really isn't anything new. They are just 2010's. Granted I know every manufacturer cannot update their entire line especially with the current economic climate but come on give me one new model...or something with an update that says, "come on I know you have an '09 but you really want me!" I am sorry but this is what keeps people trading in on new models and new buyers walking in the door. I have been fortunate enough to own a new model year since 2003...this is the first year I'll keep what I got.
Well, there are at least two of the bikes in the 2010 lineup that, if I were single, I would be considering, the Ultra Limited and the SESG. I'm not saying I'm actually ready for a trade or would but you know that feeling when you are looking at pictures and you think, I can see myself on that bike. These two do it for me.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:36 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 512 Likes on 356 Posts

HD did ok for 2010. A CVO SG. I'm not sure what to think of that Softail model. Usually their "convertible" models flop.

I think a lot of people were expecting a full on tourer Road Glide.
At least Harley didn't discontinue the model. They probably came up with their new model by sheer example. If you go on a run . . . A big run with several hundred bikes. We already know half of them will be Streetglides (or ) Electra Glides set up like Street Glides. Let's say there are 50 RoadGlides there . How will they be set up? Maybe a few with tourpacks, but most of the Roadglides you see are customized. Slammed, shorty windshields, stretched bags, little nothing seats. So I'm sure Harley just took that que.

Thet pay attention. I'm sure their styling people walk around at events like Sturgis or their 100th aniv reunion.

Quick Reply: 2011 Models