Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Models

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:39 PM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the new roadie.......and boy have I been thinking about it alot. I like the denim black! hmmmmmm

Old 07-31-2009, 09:03 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 512 Likes on 356 Posts

I thought the EG Std with the denim Blk looked great. Then they kill it the following year. For a Glide, that really had the old school look.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:08 AM
pacdave
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Softail Deluxe

Speaking of colors, how do you like the new color for the Deluxe? White Ice Pearl / Purple... I mean Blue... I mean Black Ice Pearl. Doesn't look anything like Black to me. Guess I should have ordered a 2009. Guess I'll have to wait until 2011 to see if a real black/white color option is available.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:46 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

dreaming for 2011 ? ...... FLTR Ultra Ltd ........ in bright colors (or a pearl white/metal flake titanium) !

Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,334 Likes on 2,526 Posts

i like what they've done for 2010. some subtle changes, but nothing major. if you look at harley's 'new' offerings in the past, they went for a few years without any major changes. personally, i like that. cuts down on repair parts inventory, and adds to hds 'timeless' appeal. hd has a look that manages to keep from looking dated, even though it has changed very little in many years.

you think that victory vision will be able to say that?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,896 Likes on 1,423 Posts

I heard the new FLHTCEIEIO will be water cooled.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Low-X2
Stage I
Default Harley changes

I don't think H-D needs to make model changes each year due to the fact that so many new riders buy a Harley, ride it a year or two putting 1000 miles on it per year, then sell it after they get tired of paying for something they don't ride. The market is flooded with "almost new" bikes and there are only so many buyers. Sure there are some folks who need the latest and greatest but those pretty bikers are most likely compensating for seomthing that is lacking in their lives. My '05 suits me just fine for now, while I roll over 12,000 miles per year on it here in upstate NY. I imagine I'll be looking for a new bike in 2012, at which point I'll buy another stock bike, then do what I want to it, rather than what some guy in Milwakee thinks I need. I've seen some 2 year old Road Glides out there with under 5000 miles on them, so why buy new when you can buy from some guy who bought it to say he owns one, when he really isn't in to riding anyway.

Do you know what Harley should do? Form some riding clubs around the country to get folks riding, rather than just sitting at the local pub or coffee shop looking at their pretty bike. I think you'd start to find quite a few more people buying new bikes and holding on to them if they learned to enjoy the ride.

But, this is just my opinion, as a Road Captain of a 150 member riding club here in upstate NY. Hell, maybe H-D could hire me to get folks riding more, then they could make more changes to sell more bikes.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:36 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by beary
We must really be spoiled. I know of no other motorcycle manufacturer that makes as many changes and introduces as many new bikes as Harley. My non-Harley riding buddies are always waiting to find what Harley did each year. They don't do that for their bikes because it not as big a deal. And, in the last couple years Harley has introduced several new bikes including Crossbones, Rocker and Muscle.

I just read that article the compared the four touring bikes from Victory, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Harley. The Ultra won and the reason they gave was that it stays a head of its competition by upgrading and changing to keep up. Just because the 2000 Ultra looks like the 2010 Ultra doesn't mean that they are the same bike. I'm not even sure the saddle bags and fairing are the same, but certainly nothing else is. In fact, I think the main reason many of us like Harleys is because they don’t go out of style, but do keep up with the times. You can’t say that about Goldwings. A 10 year old Goldwing looks like a 10 year old bike and cannot be confused for the Goldwings five years earlier or five years later. I just went by a Honda/Yamaha/Victory dealership to look at some helmets and when I walked through their showroom. BORING. I will admit Victory is trying.

I was personally impressed with as many changes as we saw with Harley this year. 2008 and 2009 were banner years for changes and new bikes, I thought they would take a break in 2010. I think MOCO takes more risk on new ideas than any other bike maker. The Rocker was a huge flop, but Crossbones are all over the place. Give Harley credit, they are trying.

Beary
Nailed it
I always knew our neighbors to the north were sensible, even if they can't field a Football team

Old 01-02-2010, 08:52 AM
cdale976
Road Master

you need to take a good look. HD has done a damn good job for a long,long time.
Or maybe you want them to build exactly what each consumer wants and take the fun out of making your bike , your bike....

Old 01-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Mr. Bill
Advanced

I think what you are likely to see for 2011 is of course some color change as always. However you may well see fewer new bikes on the dealer showroom floor. Back to the days of ordering your new scoot and waiting a bit for it. Dealers simply can't continue to support over stocked floor-plans. Just take a look at the dealers that went under this year an it's a strong indicator that others will tighten there belts and the motor co. will slow production to demand on order.

Quick Reply: 2011 Models