Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Models

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:49 AM
spizzyman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am gratified to see oil coolers standard on a few bikes. I guess I am just easy to please. My priorities don't include a new bike every year, so I can wait. Besides, for me the best Harley ever made is in my garage. My 03 gets more attention in a lot than most newer bikes too.

Spiz

Old 07-31-2009, 09:54 AM
swlamedic
Tourer

I like the blacked out Fatboy. I always wanted to do that when I had a Fatboy, but never had the money to buy a ton of wrinkle black parts, but now, it is a NEW bike!

Also, I am more interested in new accesories for my bike, more than new bikes. I mean really, what are you going to do to an Ultra Classic? Add a coffee maker? Nah...I would probably leak!

I am sorry for that last comment. It was wrong, so wrong...but funny.

So, sit down, shut up and enjoy the ride. If Harley can keep it's head above water through the Obamanation of this country, then we will talk about "new" bikes.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:06 AM
NODYNA
Road Warrior
Received 870 Likes on 514 Posts

Be happy with the subtle engineering and cosmetic changes to keep the bikes current and correct newly identified problem areas. The next big changes coming you will not like. That is unless you love water cooled bikes. The days of air cooled engines are numbered especially with the super green crowd in power now. I'm sure there is a small army in the EPA already painting bulls eyes on the Harley and Victory.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:13 AM
ky_ace
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CVO V-rod next year... I'm ready to see what they do...

Old 07-31-2009, 10:14 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by swlamedic
II mean really, what are you going to do to an Ultra Classic? Add a coffee maker? Nah...I would probably leak!
LOL

Best Friday morning funny I've read today.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Motorboatn SOB
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Enough already, just ride! As long as your speculating I bet the 2017 models will fly!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:27 AM
1953riderforlife
Tourer

Originally Posted by beary
We must really be spoiled. I know of no other motorcycle manufacturer that makes as many changes and introduces as many new bikes as Harley. ........
Beary
I agree. I think Harley does a great job keeping the basic brand image while putting out new models that reflect what their buyers are doing to customize their bikes. The new Road Glide is a good example. I love the Roadie and was worried it was going away this year. Now, it may still be on the way out the door but what MOCO did for '10 was take the basic design and do some mods to reflect what many Roadie owners have done (2-into-1 exhaust; short smoke windscreen, etc.) to customize their bikes. I would have rather seen them do more to make it a better touring bike like adding tourpack, etc. but I can see why they went the way they did. And, we can still turn the bike into what we want at the end of the day. That cannot be said for any other motorcycle manufacturer. My only continuing beef with Harley is the fact that they do not give us all they could from the powerplant.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:45 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by swlamedic
I mean really, what are you going to do to an Ultra Classic? Add a coffee maker? Nah...I would probably leak!
Also, Don't forget the hair dryer for the misses !. I'd even get more pissy on that, LOL.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:20 PM
FLSpringerSE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe I have been spoiled & it's not like if I see a 2010 bike I would make a negative comment. I guess I was just looking forward to more...I have no intentions on buying a Victory or Metric. I love my 09 Road Glide and every other HD I have owned.

My original post was of more concern for the overall health of the MOCO & lack of new product can further their troubles without appealing to new riders. I just hate to see another HD made by a bowling ball company.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 PM
confused
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big changes most likely means big changes at some factory plant.
Redoing something on the bike may change something in the assembly line. So add-ons to what is already in the system makes more $$$$ sense in this econmy.

Quick Reply: 2011 Models