Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearview finally came in

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009 | 09:35 PM
CommanderTC
|
Cruiser
Default Clearview finally came in

7 weeks after ordering and 2 weeks after my card was charged, it finally came in.

I ordered the 8" recurve in light smoke tint. It replaced the 12" stock.

Everyone is dead-on right about the quality and performance of this shield. It fit perfectly and the tint matched my champagne pearl paint beautifully. Someone in the other thread said that they never thought the windshield would be their favorite modification. I understand what he's talking about because this shield has changed the entire complexion of my bike for the better. It looks amazing....well, you be the judge from the pics below.

I took it out for a 60 mile spin this afternoon. I went straight to the super slab and went to 80 and held it. I could tell no wind buffeting difference in this 8" and the stock 12". It really does send the wind stream up and over your head (I'm 5'11"). Clearview claims the recurve will give you the wind buffeting of a shield 2" taller. I believe it gives you the wind buffeting of a shield 4" taller. I've been on a Street Glide with a 4" shield and at highway speed, and the wind got in and behind my sunglasses and was really distracting. With this 8" recurve, I didn't feel any wind on my face even though I am looking well over the top. My shades never touched or felt the wind. I love being able to look over the top of the shield with no wind in my face and eyes.

As far as fit, finish, quality and performance: I highly recommend this shield.

As far as service and delivery time, you can be your own judge from the facts of my experience. This is the only complaint about I have about Clearview. The wait, taking my money before it's ready to be shipped, and not responding once to the 5 emails I sent after the card was charged asking for status:

6/09/09: Ordered online
email confirmation stated 4-5 week delivery
7/14/09: Card was charged
7/29/09: Shield delivered

Even though I'm very happy with this shield, if I ever need another one I'm sure I'll go with LongRide and see if the quality is comparable. I'll only have to wait about 4 or 5 days to get it.

P.S. My signature lists the 12" Bagger Apes. I have them, but they haven't been installed yet.

Attached Thumbnails Clearview finally came in-shield2-small-.jpg   Clearview finally came in-shield5-small-.jpg   Clearview finally came in-shield4-small-.jpg   Clearview finally came in-shield6-small-.jpg   Clearview finally came in-shield3-small-.jpg  

Old 07-30-2009 | 01:36 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Enjoy the clearview

Old 07-30-2009 | 01:49 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

commander that clearview really hit the color spot on with the color of your bike. looks sharp indeed. glad it came in.

Old 07-30-2009 | 06:34 AM
SGLarry
Road Captain

I kinda figured once you got your shield that you'd be happy :-) ......I've had a few Clearview shields over the years and IMHO they really are worth the money and the wait for them to arrive. It's my understanding that they charge you when it goes into production so depending on where you live about 10 working days to recieve it after that isn't all that unreasonable. I ordered a new one about a month ago for my '09 SG and my CC was charged last week on the 21rst and it will probably show up sometime next week since Clearview is on the west coast (I live in PA in the east.)

Old 07-30-2009 | 07:29 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior

Yea, I waited six weeks also but, worth the wait and it's AMERICAN MADE!