Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain protection on an Ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009 | 09:34 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

I don't ride in the rain.

lol!

Old 07-30-2009 | 10:03 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tx_Rider
Whats a good rain suit to get?
All depends on how much $$$$$$$$$ you are willing to spend... the choices are MANY... I use 5.11 water proof boots, Roadgear over pants (instead of chaps) and then I have a nice HD rain jacket if needed.

BTW - see you are from Kileen - Spent 8th grade there back in 63/64, enjoyed the Kangaroo hut across the street from the Jr high - town was fun then...

Old 07-30-2009 | 11:24 AM
pastorralph
Road Captain

Originally Posted by The Nev
I found on my 06 Ultra I'm ok with a rain suit but the rain comes from under the bike and hits me in the chest and then up into my face. Its so bad in my face I can't see at all. So when its raining I have to ride with a full face helmet or I'm riding all but blind.
I think you'll find that the chrome wind deflector that fits on the triple tree will help with that some.

Old 07-30-2009 | 11:44 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member

Last Laborday weekend I ran into rain. I was on the interstate and sped up to stay dry to get to the next exit (about 2-3 miles). One group of bikes was stopped under an overpass, gearing up or waiting it out, they were already soaked.
Pulled in to a gas station and there were several others there. One guy commented how dry I was, my knees were a little wet.

One thing for sure is even a light rain will soak you if your on a bike. The Ultra has more protection than most, but it only works when your moving.

Old 07-30-2009 | 11:56 AM
motocop
Intermediate
Default wet weather gear

Frogg Toggs ROCK! You can go swimming with those things and not get wet. My buddy has the suit and never gets wet...he looks a little funny...but he stays dry. Will be purchasing a set in the near future.

Old 07-30-2009 | 12:00 PM
motocop
Intermediate
Default wet weather gear

Frogg Toggs ROCK! You can go swimming with those things and not get wet. My buddy uses these and never gets wet...he looks a little funny...but stays dry. Will be making the purchase myself in the near future.

Old 07-30-2009 | 12:51 PM
Super Mario
Advanced

Originally Posted by TVtommy
Subject says it all....how good is the rain protection on an Ultra?

Thanks in advance!
It's a motorcycle. You're gonna get wet. Wear a decent rainsuit.

Old 07-30-2009 | 01:23 PM
motocop
Intermediate
Default wet weather gear

...ooops, double post, sorry. i'm a rookie at this stuff still. Supermario hit the nail on the head. cowbow up, spend some money and ride rain or shine! A true motorcycle man is not affected by the weather.

Old 07-30-2009 | 03:04 PM
Thor
Road Master

Originally Posted by motocop
...ooops, double post, sorry. i'm a rookie at this stuff still. Supermario hit the nail on the head. cowbow up, spend some money and ride rain or shine! A true motorcycle man is not affected by the weather.
Once I started doing it, I discovered I kinda like it...it's not all that bad, and with minimal effort, one can stay pretty dry....Only time I ever honestly didnt like it was when I got caught in hail....I dont care how badass you are, that stuff just hurts, and I looked like I had chicken pocks with all the little welts on my face and arms

That being said, I do get a kick stoppin to see if the underpass-squatters are ok, the takin back off into the rain LOL...

Old 07-30-2009 | 03:15 PM
dowhat
Tourer

Mine is about 100% to the tee. Weater Band says it's gonna rain, it rains and I get wet. As a matter of fact I just got soaked coming home from work today. Your gonna get wet.

Quick Reply: Rain protection on an Ultra?