Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Maxx EFI Tuner????

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:36 PM
capncarl
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=col_kurtz;5491816]If someone is on this website they are operating a computer and most know what a dongle is. It lost snicker value about 15 years ago.

Sorry you felt the need to point that out. Glad to see you are such a tech wiz. Just trying to add some light hearted if not "old" humor. I am old as well.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:40 PM
capncarl
6th Gear

No problem... Going on a 900+ mile roadtrip Labor day weekend. I'll post fuel mileage results riding (2) up...that is if the weather holds between Mid TN and Mobile Alabama.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:14 PM
capncarl
6th Gear

Col I couldn't find "Made in China" on any of the parts I have and I have the Ridemaxx Plus...but then again as I have said before I am old and maybe my eyes are failing.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:36 AM
col_kurtz
Advanced

[QUOTE=capncarl;5500985]
Originally Posted by col_kurtz
If someone is on this website they are operating a computer and most know what a dongle is. It lost snicker value about 15 years ago.

Sorry you felt the need to point that out. Glad to see you are such a tech wiz. Just trying to add some light hearted if not "old" humor. I am old as well.
Not really a tech-wiz just what I do for a living and I wasn't being belittling, sorry if you took it that way. I've taught networking and communication classes and the cute "dick" jokes that pop up from the term dongle. Actually the dongle term goes back to the old Commodore VIC-20 days for me. Now that is dating yourself. Now a days I just open up the Mac Book and go.

Last edited by col_kurtz; 08-31-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:22 AM
col_kurtz
Advanced

Originally Posted by capncarl
Col I couldn't find "Made in China" on any of the parts I have and I have the Ridemaxx Plus...but then again as I have said before I am old and maybe my eyes are failing.
There is very little that isn't made there these days, or Viet Nam. RideMaxx claims its made in the USA. At least on the Custom Chrome website.

Last edited by col_kurtz; 08-31-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:45 PM
mattw275
Cruiser

Thanks for this write-up. I was trying to find out info on this one a while ago before I purchased mine thru J&P Cycle a couple months ago. I am running the RideMaxx w/ a SuperTrapp 2:1 Supermeg. I thought that I knew what I was doing w/ the tunable disc technology but let me just preface the following w/ this statement: I am a mechanical Dumb@55...

I tuned for 20 discs. Then put on an open endcap thinking it was the same difference as a closed endcap just more sound. That is incorrect. An open end-cap is the equivalent of 10-12 discs. So, I was pretty much running an open exhaust. The rideMaxx tuned to that was WAY lean...

Then I proceeded to ride 1600 miles to Scotland and back to Germany....The colours my muffler turned were beautiful...just didn't really go w/ the look of MY bike. So, I have a new muffler ordered from SuperTrapp and am looking forward to writing a glowing review of this Fuel Management Equipment like everybody else once I recover from my mechanical retardation...

Oh, just to make me look like an even bigger idiot, because I really enjoy looking like an idiot: I installed new handlebars, put on my grips and didn't adjust the throttle....so however lean I was running already, add to that the fact my throttle was probably only opened half-way at the max... Pretty Colours!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just order a RideMaxx for my Road King Classic.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:37 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please tell us how you like it when you install it.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:23 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I haven't had much good luck with my RideMaxx since installing it on my '07 Road King Classic. The unit that plugs into the ECU works great in automatic mode but the handlebar mounted remote didn't work. I sent the whole package back and the replacement didn't work any better than the first one.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:06 AM
col_kurtz
Advanced

Biggest gripe for me was the communication from the tuner as well. Try using some good batteries. Those factory CR2's in the non-descript blue wrapper sucked in my opinion. I just buy the Walgreen storebrand, they are OEM'd by Eveready, so they are are cheaper Energizers. Besides you can buy a 4 pack for the cost of 2 of the "name brands".

Quick Reply: Ride Maxx EFI Tuner????