Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on a road trip to Nova Scotia

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 07:31 AM
jlacasci
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help on a road trip to Nova Scotia

Hi Folks, I thought this would be easy to find a site to help me plan a scenic trip
in mid August from RI up to Nova Scotia (maybe to Maine take the Ferry over, then ride back
through Canada). But not having much luck finding scenic road sites.

Can you folks help?

We intend do the trip up and back all by bike no trailer. Just the two of us, hotels at night, we have nine or 10 days.

Thanks,
Joe

Old 07-27-2009, 10:06 AM
c130loader
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nova Scotia road trip

Joe try these links to get you going.

http://www.byways.org/

http://www.destination-ns.com/common....asp?AreaID=4A

Ride safe

Dale

Old 07-27-2009, 10:19 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know the Cat ferry over from Maine to Nova Scotia is very expensive, and I would guess boring as well.

I would rather ride up and cross the border at Calais, ME and then ride thru New Brunswick to Nova Scotia. Very beautiful roads along the way, and better then being on a boat in the ocean.

Steve

Old 07-27-2009, 10:41 AM
IslandGlide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a NS Motorcycle tour guide, written by bikers, and it was great for the 4 day tour that I just took last week. Call 1-800-565-0000 and see if they can rush one to you. Definitely a great book with all the maps, hotels, events for 2009 etc...Depending on how much riding vs sightseeing, you will want 4-6 days in NS. All of the scenic routes are named, ie Hwy 3 on the southern shore is Lighthouse Route, North western shore is the Evangeline Trail, Cape Breton has the famous Cabot Trail. 90% of the roads are in great shape. Have fun, I did.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:44 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Nova Scotia is a dream ride for me. Someday.....

Old 07-27-2009, 11:15 AM
scasey
Road Master

A must is adrive around the Cabot trail in Cape Breton, if you have ever seen pictures of Scotland this is as close as it gets in North America

Old 07-27-2009, 11:29 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I did the Atlantic provinces last year. We caught the Cat out of Portland ($350.00, 2 passengers and scoot, one way) at 7 am and landed in Yarmouth around 130 or so. Rode up the southern coast to Liverpool for the 1st night. next day headed for Port Hawksbury where we spent 2 nights in order to do the Cabot Trail without luggage which I highly recommend doing. Then headed for PEI by ferry for one night. Took the Confedreation Bridge over to New Brunswick. Spent a night at a B&B then on to Saint John for a night. Took several ferries from Canada to Maine and ended up on Campobella (sp?) Island, summer home of FDR. Want meore details PM me. We did do stuff along the way, just don't have time now to post it.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Slackerzinc
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fundy National Park in New Brunswick (on way to Nova Scotia) is beautiful and not that out of the way. Check out http://www.localsknow.ca/ there might be something there too.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:58 PM
chizman
Advanced

Did the Cabot trail ourselves last year. As stated earlier, well worth the ride. Stayed at the Cove Motel and had a great time http://www.covemotel.com/location.php

Good luck

Old 07-27-2009, 08:19 PM
resinator
Cruiser
Thumbs up Nova scotia

We did the trip last year with two other couples, and it was beautiful. Left Connecticut on July 4th and went to Bar Harbour and then to Arcadia National Park. Then we went to the Bay of Fungdy, and that is something to see. Never see the tide rise and lower that much anywhere else in the world. Then we went into Canada and took the 8 mile bridge to Prince Edward Island and did the coast line. Took a ferry to Nova Scotia and did all the trails and then went to Yarmouth and took the "high speed Cat" to Maine. Never will you meet such friendly people and all the places we stayed in were super clean. Then we went into New Hampshire and took in the white mountains. A very memoriable trip by all.

You will not regret the trip. Go to www.princeedwardisland.com and www.noviascotia.com and they will send you all the information you will need.

Last edited by resinator; 07-27-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help on a road trip to Nova Scotia