Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Road Glide . . . a Street Glide with sharknose???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:58 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2010 Road Glide . . . a Street Glide with sharknose???

Sorry if I missed all the uproar over the 2010s. I was riding all weekend and just got home.

Am I correct that the RG Custom is simply a Street Glide with a sharknose fairing. Same rear fascia, same floor boards, no cruise.

I know I'll get flames for this but . . . what's up with this???

Old 07-27-2009, 12:00 AM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"A nose by any other name would still smell as", well, you get the point.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:54 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

did any body ever say before it was a standard flht with a sharknose?????????????

Old 07-27-2009, 01:08 AM
OG1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

the RG has always been close to a SG with the bullet signals, smooth fenders, and silver face gauges. the floorboards are an upgrade, rear fascia is an upgrade. why everyone is so butthurt escapes me.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:51 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OG1
the RG has always been close to a SG with the bullet signals, smooth fenders, and silver face gauges. the floorboards are an upgrade, rear fascia is an upgrade. why everyone is so butthurt escapes me.
wheels are a upgrade etc etc... they definetely made it not as fugly, and most people just can't accept that

Old 07-27-2009, 02:38 AM
ryanl
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not running out to get one, but I like it....

Old 07-27-2009, 05:29 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

IMO it looks alot better as a Street Glide than the Street Glide. Shark Nose looks better in hot rod form than the batwing. This should have been the SG all along. Again just my opinion.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:47 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it looks great. When I bought my '09 SG, I considered getting a RG. If this had been available, the choice would have been harder.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:04 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it will appeal more to the typical "Street Glide" buyers and riders and less to the typical Road Glide riders who valued the bike for it's touring capabilities and great ride. It's easy to see how some see it as an improvement while others see a let down. Neither camp is wrong on this one. The Road Glide seat is gone and for stock it was a decent one (IMO) and the bike is now lower to the ground and that takes away slightly from the great handling. Cruise in not standard and for a serious "touring bike" is really almost a necessity that you now have to pay extra to get. The single outlet exhaust is sportier and a departure for the touring line and will not be appreciated by the "purists" out there. I welcome the change in wheels though as the 09 stock wheels are a PIA to check pressure and to keep clean too. Overall, the new 2010 bike has it's place but the demographics of who will want one has changed. HD is gambling on this one and if I myself was shopping for a new bike I would overlook it and now shop for an Ultra Classic or CVO instead. There are few color choices too, unless you like black and that also says that HD isn't planning on selling too many.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:09 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Rodeo, I agree with you completely. The MOCO missed the mark with this decision.....I just don't savvy some of their marketing targets.

Quick Reply: 2010 Road Glide . . . a Street Glide with sharknose???