Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Hawk seat pad

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 09:50 PM
ridgerunner
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Hawk seat pad

Thinking about getting one for my Mustang solo. Bud of mine raves about his Air Hawk. Anyone else have an opinion on the Air Hawk? Thanks.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:54 PM
COBALT BLUE 06
Novice

it is like a big kotex when you sit on it between your legs. i hate it

Old 07-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Ultrasweet
Road Captain

I put mine on my Sundowner. It was great. Comfortable and kept my *** from sweating. T.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:56 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Used one for Sturgis last year. I was just as comfortable pulling in my driveway after the trip on my last day as I was on the first day. It really does do what they say it does.

it is like a big kotex when you sit on it between your legs. i hate it
You have too much air in it. Should be a very small amount in the cushion.

Last edited by SpiderPig; 07-26-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:13 PM
omgtkk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best comfort mod I have for the bike. Went out and got one for the girlfriend for use on the pillion. Make sure you read the directions as to how to set the inflation. Anyone who says they don't work most likely has way too much air in it.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Ultrasweet
Road Captain

Originally Posted by omgtkk
Best comfort mod I have for the bike. Went out and got one for the girlfriend for use on the pillion. Make sure you read the directions as to how to set the inflation. Anyone who says they don't work most likely has way too much air in it.
+1 on that. When they inflated correctly they feel like they are not. Kinda tricky. T.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:08 PM
bowa18
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got back from a 2600 mile trip, we did 820 miles on the last day of the trip to get back home... the Airhawk ROCKS!!!!!!! Worth every penny!! Bought one for my wife last year and she loves it, bought one for me just before the trip....I'm sold on it!!!! No way could I have done that last day of over 800 miles without it. With all the stops it was a 14 1/2 hr. day and to be honest I could have kept going, not sure about the 'ol lady but I was good to go (it wasn't too far off from an iron butt ride). Best pad I've ever used. We have tried the airvent pads, sheepskins, gel pads...none come close to the airhawk for long distant comfort. I bought from Derby cycle for around $130 each for the med. size cruiser http://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/e..._Seats&count=1 Highly recommended!!!! As already mentioned, don't over fill with air.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:51 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A friend of mine loaned me his for my trip to Sturgis, with gel and sheepskin cover. I couldn't ride for a 100 miles and my azz was killing me! I tried it for two days with the same result. I finally packed it away and went with my stock Ultra seat, and have been good to go ever since. Glad I found out before I bought one.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:09 AM
JustLoafin
Cruiser

Remember..... the Air Hawk is made by the same company that makes air cushions for wheelchairs. They know their stuff!! Love mine!!

Old 07-27-2009, 06:14 AM
dlh62c
Advanced

I use a Sheep Skin pad from Alaskan Leather. Even with it my butt hurts. On a recient road trip to Salida CO. I rode without it installed...when my butt started hurting I then attached it to the seat. This on and off again routine seemed to work well.

daryl

Quick Reply: Air Hawk seat pad