Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush / Fuelmoto Baffle System

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 08:00 AM
billybobsrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Rush / Fuelmoto Baffle System

Fuelmoto says their baffle design is different than Rush's. Wonder how much of a difference there would be in sound and which one would be quieter; Fuelmoto's 1.75" or Rush's 1.75" with the Silient Sport baffle packing? Maybe they would sound about the same; would like to hear some sound clips for a comparsion. I'm running a 97 carbed EVO, so the Jackpot Dyno Tuned system is out.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:44 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by billybobsrk
Fuelmoto says their baffle design is different than Rush's. Wonder how much of a difference there would be in sound and which one would be quieter; Fuelmoto's 1.75" or Rush's 1.75" with the Silient Sport baffle packing? Maybe they would sound about the same; would like to hear some sound clips for a comparsion. I'm running a 97 carbed EVO, so the Jackpot Dyno Tuned system is out.
I don't know why the DT Jackpots wouldn't work for a carbed bike as well as EFI. I doubt if jetting would be any or much different from the regular Rush baffles, but Jamie at Fuel Moto would know for sure.

I had Rush 1.75's at first, then bought the Fuel Moto asymmetrical baffles with the Silent-Sport packing. The result was more power and the tone was quieter with less bark than before. I never liked the raspy bark in the standard Rush mufflers, but YMMV. I now have DT Jackpots with the 1.75" right-side baffle to quieten it a bit after installing the SE255 cams, which raised my volume over stock.

I would bet the Silent-Sport baffle would be quieter than the fiberglass packing in the standard Rush mufflers. The FM baffles got rid of the aforementioned bark and the sound was much deeper, mellower, and more pleasing, IMO. I can't say how the Silent-Sport packing would sound in standard symmetrical baffles, but I would suspect they would sound better, quieter, and last longer.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:06 PM
sandpa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Rush/ Fuelmotto pipes, they sound great and i get alot of what kind of pipes r those. But i went with 1.75 on left and 2.00 on right. Fuelmotto said they got a little gain with that set up on dyno testing.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:53 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sandpa
I love my Rush/ Fuelmotto pipes, they sound great and i get alot of what kind of pipes r those. But i went with 1.75 on left and 2.00 on right. Fuelmotto said they got a little gain with that set up on dyno testing.
The gains were more from the 3/4" reversion cone in the left side than the baffle size difference.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:01 PM
sandpa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gains were more from the 3/4" reversion cone in the left side than the baffle size difference

Maybe so but thats what they said when i bought them and i am very happy with the sound and performance!!!