Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Victory - Road King Fighter

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ridden the new Victorys. Very nice. Like the non fairing bike. Got an '03 FLHTI and '98 Buell White Lightning, so that would be a nice ride to fill the garage. Miss the pushrod tubes though.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:59 AM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rode the Vic at the latest Thunder Beach Rally in Panama City. I couldn't tell the difference between it and a Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasserkithingamabob, except for the price tag...which is right up there with HD.

A Harley stands alone IMHO!

Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 AM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Victorys goldwing.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:35 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, I finally saw the X-country in person this weekend. I like it. Not gonna sell my Street Glide or anything, but of all the alternative touring bikes, the Vic is definitely my second choice. Very good ergos, (I LIKE the huge floorboards...would not even need highway pegs) the bags are indeed about 20 percent more roomy, although just like the Vision, the interior is NOT all available space. Don't know why but the rear 5-6 inches of the saddlebags are closed off on the inside, which is a shame, cause they gave up a lot of usable space.

I actually like the looks of it. The Vision was too far over the top for me. Kudos to Vic for trying for a more "modern" (for lack of a better word) look on the X-country without it being the total Arlen Ness on Acid debacle the Vision is. And to not just doing a rip-off of a Harley touring bike.

Didn't test ride the thing (they offered) But Iv'e ridden the Hammer and a Vision, and agree that the drivetrain is noisy, the power, while not bad, does not live up to their claims (IMHO) or what I would expect for 106" of motor (my 07 stage 2 103" would eat its lunch), and if they did not have the 6th gear, they would be buzz-bombs on the highway. Why is it only HD thats figure out that its ok to shake a little at idle if the bike is smooth at highway speeds? All the other bikes I've ridden (Vision, Stratoliner, Hammer, Roadstar, etc) are very smooth, until you hit 50-60. Then the vibration starts. DUMB. Well, except the Goldwing, but thats a whole different category.

I think they have a contender.

But again, not going to sell "Ruby" for one.

On a side note, they had a Vision TRIKE there. It actually looked pretty kewl. It works better as a trike (aesthetically) than it does with 2 wheels. Wish I would have had a camera.

Last edited by flyingace; 04-26-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 AM
JHeiser
Cruiser

Riding a Harley is a lifestyle - riding a Vic is just riding another wannabe Harley. A Vic will never replace my RK.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 AM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser

Its a polaris*****

Old 04-26-2010, 09:56 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Skin & Crossbones
They look nice, with sexy lines and curves... sorta like they're female Harleys!

oh... so they're girl's bikes ?

too curvy for me . i don't really like ultras either . just too much going on . road king is about as much stuff on a bike as i'd want (personal taste only , YMMV)

Last edited by not_so_newb; 04-26-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JHeiser
Riding a Harley is a lifestyle
Sorry, to me riding a Harley is riding a Harley. My lifestyle determined by me, no by a product that I own.

Love mine to death, but its not who or what I am.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:15 AM
coliseum
Tourer

this bike is so not cool!!!! very pimpy...

Old 04-26-2010, 10:18 AM
tom mason
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ithought this was a harley forum,I personally dont care hearing about other cycles on this forum,I prefer riding my ROAD KING.

Quick Reply: New Victory - Road King Fighter