Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide best seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 12:43 PM
dr
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Glide best seat

Need a 2up seat, I like the looks of the stock seat but not the comfort of it. I 300lbs with a bad back, my wife 120lbs. What have you guys found in the aftermarket seat world that is a good cross between looks and ride? thanks

Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM
knepp1bj
Road Captain

i went with the sundowner seat, i am 200lbs, lady is 125ish...the stock seat wasnt well on her, the downer is good for her, same for me, so i am not sure i would go with it if stock isnt good...at least for me it helped a little bit but pretty much the same. i also have a back rest for the driver, do you?

Old 07-22-2009, 01:43 PM
dr
Banned

Yea, I have a back rest, works good, but on long rides the seat just don't seem to hold up, *** hurts first then back, going with a set of Apes hoping that will help some as far as my back goes. I had a sundowner on my RKC it was better than the stocker for sure, I had a Mustang on the bike before that it was great but thick and tour bike looking, no offence ment to anyone. I went with the SG this time because of its sleeks looks and was hoping to find a seat that would maintain that style but yet provide a better ride. LaPeras look good but I know nothing about them.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:21 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

if you're tall, then i'd sure suggest a stock roadglide seat. it doesn't drop you into a saddle like the stock sg seat does. and it's a much flatter platform with a rise to the passenger section. the passenger section is much more comfortable as well. i got one out of the classifieds section for cheap, it was a take off from an 09 roadglide. i tried the sundowner, and on a 700 mile day, it was much worse than the stock sg seat. the roadglide seat will raise you up an inch or so. if you're tall, it's about as good as you can find. and it matches the console with its stitching perfectly. for me, it's the best bang for the buck. got mine for $125 shipped. check the classifieds section in this forum if you're wanting one. sure, corbin, mustant, lepara, etc, would be nice. but i'm really happy with the roadglide seat.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:43 PM
dsw1519
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried the sundowner, and although it was better than stock, it still wasn't a good as I hoped. I ended up getting the mustang touring seat. Super comfortable seat. Even after 500+ miles a day, my *** is not sore. Your lady will like it too.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:49 PM
dr
Banned

Originally Posted by dsw1519
I tried the sundowner, and although it was better than stock, it still wasn't a good as I hoped. I ended up getting the mustang touring seat. Super comfortable seat. Even after 500+ miles a day, my *** is not sore. Your lady will like it too.
Her and I both loved the Mustang we had 2 bikes ago. But I can't say I have seen one on a Street Glide. How does it look with the bikes lines?

Old 07-22-2009, 02:57 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Another vote for the Sundowner.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Bagged Out
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The OL and I are about the same size as you and yours. I put the C&C sport tour on with a back rest for her. Its not their sportiest or cushiest. I also had them move me back 2" and down 1". Had to do the down 1"to get the back 2".
It is a good seat and pretty comfortable. The OL loves it.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:01 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe considered modifying the seat...?

I loved the look, hated the long-ride comfort. Had a local guy add an inch of closed-cell, high-density foam (Corbin-ish hardness) under the soft stock stuff. A little cushion, a lot of firm underneath, no hotspots, no monkey-butt, no bottoming-out. Best of both worlds and now the most comfortable seat I've ever had (I'm only around 20 pounds behind you).

Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 AM
garyloos
Intermediate

I went with the sundowner in place of stock seat. It gives me more back support and is wider and more comfortable for my wife. I am 220 and wife is 125 lbs. I also added the chrome hand rails and covers to give her something to hold onto.

Quick Reply: Street Glide best seat