Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a Leather Jacket which one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 03:03 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

I vote for #1.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:29 AM
johnnyQ
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be doubtful that a jacket will be "made" for you (but I maybe wrong also).

I was schooled recently in the finer points of the leather industry by a person that was an owner of a popular leather clothing franchise.

He informed me that almost all leather (including alot of the "made in the USA" tag) comes from the Pakistan area and that Buffalo is actually Water Buffalo.

I don't know how resellers can get away with the "made in USA" tag... maybe with some minor alterations.

The good thing about some local resellers is being able to modify the jacket/garment to your specifications.

Last edited by johnnyQ; 07-22-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

My vote is for #1.

Sammi

Old 07-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Skin & Crossbones
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought miine custom made and custom fit, right in the factory in Sunnyside Queens, New York. Not made in a foreign country, but if you saw the inside of the factory and the workers, it might as well have been.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I'd go with #1.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:04 AM
TMair
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look like the same jacket with different collers, the collers on #2 have snaps to hold them down, thats the one I'd go with if I where going with either.
Personily I buy all of my leather from leatherup.com, they have a great return policy, I bought my current jacket from them, looks exactly like my friends Fox creek jacket right down to the lumbar protectors, paid just shy of $100. for it including shipping.
Terry

Old 07-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Bagged Out
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like #2. Looks more Harley like

Old 07-22-2009, 11:36 AM
RnR
Advanced

I vote #1.

I wear this. Dumb name but great jacket. Chest, back, and inner arms zip off in one piece leaving mesh. Great warm weather jacket.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:29 PM
fritz982
Advanced

from what I can see here these are just standard off the rack leathers. It's not that difficult at all, to do with mail order and getting a custom fit. From what I can see Fox Creek has been mentioned you're quite a bit and their quality is fairly good. My choice would definitely be Langlitz! These are built made-to-measure, and guaranteed to fit, best quality jackets to deliver see. They're not cheap but their lifetime investment! Take a peek at their website before you go spending money on these things. I've had my Langlitz jacket for over 20 years, I've had them replaced a few zippers and crashed a few times! They are the best, ask the Japanese are copied all over Japan. Invest in good leather because chrome can't save your ***!

Old 07-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Commander Motorcycle Jacket from Fox Creek Leather. You can wear it riding or to a Slayer concert. The large front pocket (map pocket) is huge and the other (snap / zip) pockets are nice too. I can pocket my cell phone, wallet, sunglasses, gloves, garage door opener, iPod, keys w/keyfob (on a built in stringline), full map and still have room for more in the map pocket...even a pistol. The jacket is heavy and well made, has some venting. The neck warmer, and zipout liner live in a pocket in the inside/back of the jacket. Best of all the jacket and gives me piece of mind because I know it will hold up to the worst the road has to offer. Call them regarding the right size for you.
http://www.foxcreekleather.com/5.html

Attached Thumbnails I need a Leather Jacket which one?-jacket.jpg  

Quick Reply: I need a Leather Jacket which one?