Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oregon Bedroll

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009 | 04:48 PM
03RKC
|
Intermediate
Default Oregon Bedroll

Anyone use one of these? Looking for reviews or suggestions for alternatives. Its pretty pricey but if works well will save me money in long run. I'm 5' 11 200 pounds. Thanks

Old 07-21-2009 | 06:34 PM
Freebee
Tourer

Looked interesting until I took a gander at the price !!!

For that kind of $$ you could get a Big Agnes bag / pad combo that packs up smaller and covers a much wider temp. range.

Big Agnes

I'm a bit of a MC camping fanatic. All of my vacations are bike camping trips, typically rallies throughout the U.S.
I probably have as much $$ invested in camping/backpacking gear as I do in my 09 Ultra.
I'll keep an eye on this discussion to read other responses.

Old 07-27-2009 | 12:02 AM
jbg
Road Warrior

So has nobody used this? It does sound like a nice bag, if it works???

Old 02-21-2010 | 06:52 PM
brgtr3
Outstanding HDF Member

Buehler? Buehler?

Anyone have experience with the Oregon Bedroll?

Old 07-19-2010 | 05:19 PM
mikesworld1515
Stage I
Default Security Blanket and Self Contained Sleep System

I have a couple of the Oregon Bedrolls. I use them with different sleeping bags depending on the temperatures I expect to encounter. I also use a Go Kot to keep me off the ground so I've got no complaints sleeping most anywhere. The bedroll has a waterproof cover built in, so in the mornings if its wet or dew is around, you're dry and cozy. The Oregon bedrolls are well made and the canvas is tough. The 2" Basecamp mattress is easy to use and makes camping much easier on my 54 year old bones. I roll mine up with the sleeping bag inside and toss it on either my luggage rack or across the back seat. My son and I ride Utah, Nevada and Colorado and we never know if we will find a room available, so the bedrolls are our security blankets and an alternate to the $150 rooms we find on holiday weekends. I'll post some pics of my bikes with the Bedrolls on to my garage if you want to see them on in actual touring use. They are not inexpensive, but when you take the $90 bucks for the mattress out and see the quality of the bedroll, you'll know this is a cadillac item, not a walmart knockoff. I dont mind paying for something that is well made and will last, thats why I own Harleys.

Old 07-19-2010 | 05:27 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior

You could get more for less with a ThermaRest sleeping pad and a GoreTex covered sleeping bag, and it would fit inside a saddlebag with room to spare. BTW, avoid using cots in unheated enclosures. Cots (like hollow air mattresses) create a heat-sink effect, meaning the air underneath you will equilibrate with the air, water, and solid objects around you to reach equilibrium of temperature. You will lose calories trying to keep warm and can become a victim of hypothermia - most hypothermia occurs at temperatures between 30 and 50-degrees F. Buy a self-inflating sleeping pad.

Old 07-19-2010 | 06:37 PM
oley55
Road Captain

I am at a loss how persons who have never seen, touched, or used one could possibly offer an opinion. But as we all know there are an incredible number of totally uninformered opinions on this site.

Although my Oregon Bedrool bedroll hasn't seen nearly enough use yet, it did me just fine during my 10.5 days participating in the Hoka Hey motrocycle challenge. That's 9,135 miles in 10.5 days, secondary roads and sleeping with my scoot.

It's true I was only catching an average of 4 hours sleep each night, but I slept through rain showers, hot and cold weather, and couldn't be happier. Apparently not so deft at bungie/packing techniques, I managed to loose both my cold weather jacket and tent somewhere in Arkansas on day 2 or 3 (hard to keep track of days). My Oregon Bedroll saved my butt. Plain n simple.

It ain't exactly cheap but you get what you pay for. If my packing techniques should fail me again and I do loose my Oregon Bedroll, you can bet I'll buy another.

the product and customer service rocks!

Last edited by oley55; 07-20-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-19-2010 | 11:46 PM
oldguyalso
Cruiser

Yep I have one of the bedrolls.Just got back from a 14 day 4100 mile ride. Slept on it 11 of those days. I like it, you can adjust your covers to the temp of the night. I took a blanket for the warm nights and a down bag for the colder nights. But I had to use the down bag as a blanket cause it just got too stinking hot in the bag. I hated air mattresses in the old days cause I would wake up to get back on the mattress.Not with this one cause the mattress is in the bedroll. We had a couple of nights that the dew/ light rain happened no problem cause I had the rain fly. While my buddies were stuffing their bags I had mine on the bike and drinking coffee

Attached Thumbnails Oregon Bedroll-085.jpg  
Old 07-20-2010 | 12:53 AM
trnielsen
Stage II

I recently purchased an Oregon Bedroll...and LOVE it ! It took a bit longer than anticipated to ship due to production problems, but has been well worth the wait ! I got mine in black, DOES NOT LOOK EMBARASSING ON MY SCOOTER....Looks great ! I'm 6'3 235 lbs. and sleep in this bedroll like a baby ! Construction ? This will be the last bedroll you ever buy....for me, a good nights sleep on the ground next to my bike is well worth a few extra $$$ in the cost over others...a great investment ! Could have bought a cheaper bedroll, and would have gotten a cheaper bedroll....so, I HIGHLY recommend the Oregon bedroll to anyone wanting to buy ONCE and sleep well on it for a long time !

Old 07-20-2010 | 01:33 AM
Surgjr
Cruiser

Sounds Like a great Bedroll. I think I might just have to check this one out. Thanks

Quick Reply: Oregon Bedroll