Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oregon Bedroll

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010 | 09:05 AM
philipmcphail@hotmail.com
Intermediate
Default Oregon Bedroll

I did the pre-order last winter and waited a little longer for the bedroll to arrive due to problems at the oregon pen.No fault of oregon bedrolls and well worth the the wait!!I ended up with the southwest pattern that is wicked looking.The bedroll is well built,the straps and leather on the bedroll look impressive when strapped to the bike.A bit pricey but a couple nights using it instead of hotels it pays for itself.Has a pocket for a pillow,I just shove my jacket in there. Found an old harley blanket and rolled it up inside and called it good,the rain fly is a bonus.

Old 07-22-2010 | 11:21 PM
O6FXST
Road Captain

I've got one, black, it is bada$$. The are a little spendy but well worth it in my opinion. Heavy duty stuff and very well designed. Other than a prisoner jumping out of the box when I opened it and running away down the street I've got no complaints.

Old 08-19-2010 | 11:56 PM
mvinc01
Road Master

I just ordered one of the Oregon Bedroll "Bare Knuckle" bedrolls today. I already have two Thermarest pads and a few good sleeping bags, I just went with the Bare Knuckle bedroll only. Besides, I couldn't afford, and wasn't quite ready to shell out the $340+ for the "Original". The Bare Knuckle seemed to be a good choice for me and the price seemed fair at $131 shipped. Anyway, I am planning on using it for an overnighter next weekend. I should get it by then. I'll let you guys know how it works. I'm thinking I may consider taking a cue from the Bandits Bedroll Bag and adding a pocket or two to it for incidentals while rolled up. We'll see.

Old 08-21-2010 | 02:04 AM
AFHuey
Cruiser

I ordered mine in June....and it would have been a month sooner if they weren't moving...but that's life. But they still haven't started making them. So, I missed a whole riding season.

I ended up having to buy an air mattress and sleeping bag. At this rate, I won't see my bedroll until December....I'm not too pleased with the wait. To compound it, they are offering specials on the site instead of trying to sell the "original". Because of this, I've seen days where the order counter ticks backward...and not forward because people are cancelling their orders and going with the cheaper bedroll so they can get it now instead of waiting (and I can't say that I blame them). Oh....but if you spend another $140, you can get their "BareKnuckle" version now. WHY THE HELL WOULD I WANT 2 BEDROLLS?!? I ORDERED THE ONE....THAT'S ALL I WANT!

If I don't get mine by December, I'm going to cancel and buy a duluth bedroll or something...because it's sure a hell of alot better than the bedroll that I have now....which is NOTHING!

I don't know how good the quality is, but honestly I'm thinking it's not worth the wait and I'm getting to the point where I'm going to not recommend this to people....that is unless paying for the bedroll upfront and waiting several months to get it is fine with you.

Last edited by AFHuey; 08-21-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-21-2010 | 06:17 AM
rkadair
Tourer
Old 04-28-2011 | 11:16 PM
NAUIdvr1
Tourer

Just bought one of the originals in Black. The price is currently reduced by $59 (paid $340) for the pre-orders right now, and guaranteed not to be lower thru Christmas 2011.

http://www.oregonbedroll.com/

Old 04-29-2011 | 11:14 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by AFHuey
I ordered mine in June....and it would have been a month sooner if they weren't moving...but that's life. But they still haven't started making them. So, I missed a whole riding season.

I ended up having to buy an air mattress and sleeping bag. At this rate, I won't see my bedroll until December....I'm not too pleased with the wait. To compound it, they are offering specials on the site instead of trying to sell the "original". Because of this, I've seen days where the order counter ticks backward...and not forward because people are cancelling their orders and going with the cheaper bedroll so they can get it now instead of waiting (and I can't say that I blame them). Oh....but if you spend another $140, you can get their "BareKnuckle" version now. WHY THE HELL WOULD I WANT 2 BEDROLLS?!? I ORDERED THE ONE....THAT'S ALL I WANT!

If I don't get mine by December, I'm going to cancel and buy a duluth bedroll or something...because it's sure a hell of alot better than the bedroll that I have now....which is NOTHING!

I don't know how good the quality is, but honestly I'm thinking it's not worth the wait and I'm getting to the point where I'm going to not recommend this to people....that is unless paying for the bedroll upfront and waiting several months to get it is fine with you.
They're made by the Oregon inmates at EOCI, so maybe there was a layoff and they're short on staff ...

I too have looked at this and will get one eventually. I like the concept of an 'all in one' bedroll. Price be damned.

Last edited by FLHTCU Owner; 04-29-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-29-2011 | 12:04 PM
sanlyn
Road Master

Haven't used one yet, but seen them made. They're constructed in the Garment Factory in the Eastern Oregon Correctional Institution by Inmates. Haven't ordered the bedroll yet, but I have jeans and a jacket made there (Prison Blues) and they're damn near indestructable. I provide technical support for the factory computers.

At one point in time I had heard something about supply issues for the material, but haven't looked into it lately. I was just out there on Tuesday, and they were busy. No "lockdowns" at that institutions.

Last edited by sanlyn; 04-29-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2013 | 02:32 AM
alz
Stage III

they seem like a good product, but their service is TERRIBLE!
I ordered a bedroll from them on july 8th, and am still waiting.
I tried to contact them numerous times via email, but they don't reply.

i'm very pissed off to say the least.

Old 12-31-2013 | 12:07 PM
blackpool
Stage III

Patrick Juell the owner of Oregon Bedroll is a conman and a thief. he took money for orders and did NOT place or pay for the materials at the Eastern Oregon Prison. Patrick you owe your former customers 60 bedrolls or $23,000 is cash. Where did our money go? You low life POS. Barry Carragher

Quick Reply: Oregon Bedroll