Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to order a Corbin seat from?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:31 AM
aclass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where to order a Corbin seat from?

I've always bought used seats from Ebay so I'm wondering where you guys recommend to order a new Corbin from? Is the price you pay what they advertise on their website or is it possible to get them any cheaper?

Old 07-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Pork-Chop
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just go direct to Corbin, same price

Old 07-21-2009, 10:21 AM
rides99fatboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Corbin Dual Tour for my RK Custom a few years back. I bought it online from a dealer which saved me about $200. Basically they turned around and ordered the seat from Corbin and it was then shipped to me. I believe they drop shipped it right from Corbin to me.

Sounds nice saving a few hundred bucks. But here's the problem. At that time Corbin would allow a one time alteration of the seat. I needed the nose of the seat tapered in more to accommodate my leg length. Seat was pushing my thighs out making it tough to have both feet flat on the ground when stopped without scooting up on the seat. I later found out Corbin would alter a seat free of charge once. So I called them up and Corbin stated they would only do it from the original invoice that purchased the seat. In other words, I needed proof that the dealer I got it from bought it directly from Corbin. Well the dealer was a mom/pop outfit that didn't have great record keeping, so I was not able to get a copy of the invoice.

One other thing that bothered me about the seat was the flaps that Corbin uses to cover the holes for their back rests. I had no intention of using a back rest, so had I ordered it from them I could have specified no flaps.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Hawgzilla
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I also ordered through my dealer, who handled the order with Corbin. This allowed me to use ~$1150 in Chrome Bucks (H-D Visa) at the dealer and use that to pay for the seat and all the accessories I bought with it.

I got:
* the Close Heated Dual Tour
* the Standard Ovalbac®
* the nostalgic Chrome V-Rail