Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solo seat on a RK custom

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009 | 08:38 AM
cannedham1
|
Cruiser
Default solo seat on a RK custom

I need to find a solo seat that will work with a detachable solo tour pack but I am verticaly challenged so I need one that is low and pushes me forward. I had a corbin but that put me far away from the controls and I was told it wouldnt work with the solo tour pack. Anyone got any thoughts. Thanks .

Old 07-21-2009 | 08:55 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Corbin's website will say if their seat will work with the solo detachable rack. I looked a few months back and their fitment information for the Classic Close Solo said it would not work with the solo detachable rack.

You will probably want to look at the Classic Close Solo for its fitment information, I didn't. Dennis Kirk has the Classic close solo on sale now.

Old 07-21-2009 | 11:05 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

One thing to think about, Corbin will probably work but here is how you have to do it: Put the detachable tour pack on first and then install the seat, when taking it off the seat has to come off first and then the detachable will come off. I say this because that it the way my regular detachable tour pack works when I install my solo seat with passenger pillion.

Old 07-21-2009 | 03:15 PM
casique
Road Warrior

I've a Mustang Solo and I use it with a detachable king Tour Pack. The Mustang works great with the KTP. The Mustang Solo moved me forward about an inch, but it raised me about 1/2 inch too.

Old 07-21-2009 | 05:24 PM
paguy
Road Captain

Corbin solo reach seat. Flames are free and provide extra padding. Studs are free and look good. Owned two corbins, best I've found. Got a motherwell rack.
Sorry, I see you had a corbin, was it the reach seat. I don't know of another seat to lower as much. If this is the case you may want to get low profile air shocks and the front end lowering kit.

Last edited by paguy; 07-21-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-21-2009 | 05:33 PM
Northwoodz
Road Warrior

C&C ..... nuff said

Old 07-21-2009 | 09:51 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cannedham1
I need to find a solo seat that will work with a detachable solo tour pack but I am verticaly challenged so I need one that is low and pushes me forward. I had a corbin but that put me far away from the controls and I was told it wouldnt work with the solo tour pack. Anyone got any thoughts. Thanks .
Oh, this is an easy one, for me at least. I recently got rid of my '04 Road King Custom and when I had it, I wanted the same thing. So, I had Corbin do a seat custom for me that is low and forward. That was the easy part. Then, I took the detachable solo rack and had it custom machined with black anodized aluminum blocks (acting as spacers so-to-speak) so I could get the TourPak up to where it needed to be without it looking like a hack job. That was the hard (read: pricey) part, but in the end it was slick.

Just got off my butt and got it out of the garage so I could snap a couple pics. I just photographed the rack so you could see it. I have the rail and stuff, as well as the TourPak and the Corbin seat that this was made to fit. Worked great. Will see if I can find the bike pic with it on. Got it. Lots of stuff from that bike will be up for sale soon, FWIW. PM me if interested.

Double check any clearances with any seat, the standard solo rack can be limiting. Good luck.

Last edited by Da Butcher; 10-01-2009 at 01:22 PM.