Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install photos of Memphis Shades Batwing and thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:53 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Install photos of Memphis Shades Batwing and thoughts

Install photos of Memphis Shades Batwing and thoughts-dsc_0024.jpg
This is the inside of it after assembly, quick and easy.

Install photos of Memphis Shades Batwing and thoughts-dsc_0025.jpg
Mounting brackets.

Install photos of Memphis Shades Batwing and thoughts-dsc_0027.jpg
Photo of the finish, this is unpainted and out of the box, and the stainless trim piece.

Install photos of Memphis Shades Batwing and thoughts-dsc_0028.jpg
This trigger wraps around the hadlebar a bit, you press a small button and it releases, mine I tighted it with the spot lights to secure it futher. Not coming off.

Install photos of Memphis Shades Batwing and thoughts-dsc_0029.jpg
The last photo shows that it slides between the fork and the mounting bracket for the spot lights.

Fairing feels solid and secure on the road. If you have a stock seat the 9" windshield will probably be better for you, depending on height. I got the 7" and my seat sits me back from stock, about 3 inches so everything goes over my head, and once again I can hear the sound of my exhaust, and no ear plugs. Price with trim piece was $320, very pleased. Now I need a new sig photo.

If enough people go to there site and ask for recurved windshields, I think they would do it. So if you have one or get one go to there site and let them know.

Last edited by phat96; 07-20-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:11 AM
marshrat
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They told me at Daytona this year they were coming out with an 11" shield due to demand. Guess that hasn't happened.
Maybe the new forum sponsor Longrider Shields would put some recurves together. Since you buy the parts separately from MS, you could just get the shield from Longrider.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:02 AM
rowle
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the memphis batwing and 7" screen is on its way as my 5" screen is too short.
An 11" screen will look awful in my opinion.

Agree - lets get one from another source or pester memphis until they make a proper flip screen.

Rowle.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member

Memphis Shades makes nice products.

I'm glad to see they came out with this.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:11 AM
phat96
Road Warrior

It would have to be specific to the Memphis Shades design for an out side company to make windshields for this product, Rowle if your out there didn't you try to do that with an HD shield and it didn't work well compared to the MS shield.
Lot's of guys and gals wanting a fairing for a road king, and there has been a lot of questions about the wind buffeting and how it actually mounted, this is real nice product, but I for one don't want an 11" shield.

I don't like an upright riding position and I'm only 5'10" so I had my seat stretched in the middle 3 inches, it's a lapera saddle. I wanted to stretch out my legs and not feel like I was sitting at a desk. But that is the only reason the 7" shield is working for me.

Good luck guys with whatever you do with this product. I'm happy with mine but know you know why I'm happy with it.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:32 PM
tl vette
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phat96, thanks for the info. i think i found a place that has these for 280 including a shield but not the trim piece. i am checking the price now. i am 6' plus i have a mustang seat which is a little higher. i am going to try the 5" shield because that will be fine around town. i was wondering if i could take an old shield here and cut it at the bottom so i could make it fit. i have a clear view recurve shield now. i may try to cut an older one first to see if i can make it fit. then try the recurve.
how is the riding compared to your regular shield? would you recommend the fairing? that is what i was really shooting for here. to see how the guys who bough them still feel about them after a summer of using.
Thanks
TL

Old 07-25-2009, 09:08 PM
phat96
Road Warrior

Sent you a message TL, I love it.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:22 PM
tl vette
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got info today that says klock werks is coming out with a shield to fit this fairing. i am assuming it will be like the one they are doing for the street glide. a double curve model. i just ordered a shield from long shields. they make a recurve model. i will have to drill new holes but we'll see how it fits. the drilling is not much of an issue. i will try to post some pics once i get it and get it mounted.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:52 PM
TMair
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phat96
Sent you a message TL, I love it.
Rather then sending TL a message why don't you tell all of us what you think, I would also like to know how well it works and how much better it is then the original windshield on the Road King.
Thanks
Terry

Old 07-31-2009, 12:53 AM
phat96
Road Warrior

For the money it's been great, My bike is black and it came black with a nice finish, assembles very easy and so is the install, I like the look and feel of the Memphis Shades batwing better than the tall windshield that my bike orginally came with, and I guess I also like the look of the street glide. For tunes right now I use my ipod with stereo earplugs and I can here them very clearly. Bought mine with the 7" sheild from Biker Haven on ebay for 320. with free shipping. TL says that Klock Works is releasing a recurve shield to fit the Memphis Shades batwing which will make it better. My seat sits back 3" from stock otherwise the wind could hit you in the face. Good luck with your choice.

Quick Reply: Install photos of Memphis Shades Batwing and thoughts