Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bub 7 stealth epa compliant bagger mufflers,

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:00 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Bub 7 stealth epa compliant bagger mufflers,

If you want a little less noise here is a good choice although I have not heard these yet.

BUB 7 Stealth EPA compliant Bagger mufflers-- GRASS Valley, California based manufacturer BUB Enterprises has added some 140 plus new part numbers already this year, but, potentially, none may prove to be more significant in the long run than their new BUB 7 Stealth mufflers.

Said to "represent the finest quality in EPA compliant sound reduction mufflers" they have been fully designed and engineered in-house and are a product of the massive R&D investment that owner Denis Manning has made in being able to "keep BUB out front".

Described as being "neither too loud nor too quiet", the company is saying that "our BUB 7 Stealth mufflers provide the perfect balance of 50 state legal sound, outstanding performance, and the tonal sound quality that riders look for on their Milwaukee V-twins."

With so many issues continuing to surround exhaust usage on motorcycles, issues which, if the City of Boston is anything to go by, are only going to get tougher for the aftermarket exhaust industry. BUB say they developed and tested their 'Stealth' mufflers specifically to meet the requirements of the EPA's Title 40, part 205, subparts D E, which requires on-highway exhaust systems to be under 80 db(A) for most set-up configurations on 95-09 FLs.

ps: we will win the lawsuit againist the City Of Boston.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:45 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Definitely smart of pipe manufacturers to be deveolping these as more and more towns are cracking down with noise ordinances.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:07 PM
EG Ultra Classic
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was unaware that standard BUB 7 mufflers were non EPA compliant sound reduction mufflers. I've never gotten a ticket. Where are they illegal?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Dakotazeb
Tourer

I sure would like to hear a report on these mufflers. I've been thinking about trying them on my '03 SERK. I asked BUB if they would have them at their display in Sturgis and they said that these mufflers didn't make it on the truck. What the hell is that?? You have a new product and you don't take it to a place like Sturgis where there will be hundreds of thousands of bikers? Doesn't make sense to me.

Hopefully someone with get a set and give a report.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Dakotazeb
Tourer

I finally broke down and bought a set of he BUB 7 Stealth mufflers. They arrived about 5:30 this evening. I installed them and went for a short ride as the rain was starting to move in. Can't wait to get out and give them a good test. Here's my first impression: I think they are about as close to perfect as I'm going to find. Nice low rumble without any loud bark even when you crack the throttle. Defintely louder than stock and a much, much better sound. And they are quite a bit quieter than the CVO/Fullsac 1.75" I just took off.

All you guys that are looking for something a little louder than stock but not too loud, I think these are the answer. And believe me I've tried a bunch. Two different sets of Screamin Eagle Performance mufflers, then Hookers, Rush, V&H Ovals, V&H Monster Ovals, Fullsac 2.0" and the latest 1.75". These Bub Stealths are also quieter than the V&H Monsters and have as nice a sound.

I'm running these on a '03 SERK with the 103" motor.

And they look really good!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:24 PM
newdep332
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dakotazeb
I finally broke down and bought a set of he BUB 7 Stealth mufflers. They arrived about 5:30 this evening. I installed them and went for a short ride as the rain was starting to move in. Can't wait to get out and give them a good test. Here's my first impression: I think they are about as close to perfect as I'm going to find. Nice low rumble without any loud bark even when you crack the throttle. Defintely louder than stock and a much, much better sound. And they are quite a bit quieter than the CVO/Fullsac 1.75" I just took off.

All you guys that are looking for something a little louder than stock but not too loud, I think these are the answer. And believe me I've tried a bunch. Two different sets of Screamin Eagle Performance mufflers, then Hookers, Rush, V&H Ovals, V&H Monster Ovals, Fullsac 2.0" and the latest 1.75". These Bub Stealths are also quieter than the V&H Monsters and have as nice a sound.

I'm running these on a '03 SERK with the 103" motor.

And they look really good!
You have any way to post up a video?

Old 08-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Video would be great to hear the difference.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:57 PM
stevja1
Cruiser
Old 08-20-2009, 11:00 PM
llmotorcycles
Cruiser

do these mufflers have an actual EPA tag on them or come with some kind of EPA certificate or are they just within EPA sound limits?

Old 08-21-2009, 04:51 PM
shark
Advanced

i just called their tech support, and the rep said that they are stamped as epa compliant.

Quick Reply: Bub 7 stealth epa compliant bagger mufflers,