Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one heard of Boom Can Slip on mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 11:11 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,658 Likes on 1,508 Posts
Arrow louder then a Thunderheader

I like the sound of these bad boys, but they're too loud for me. A Thunderheader is as loud as I want to go. I've seen some damaged by backing into curbs. They're big, low, and seem to stick out further then other pipes.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:15 AM
joewg3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a set on a bike being sold on You Tube. They were awesome. The bike had the saddlebag extensions and a tight rear fender fit with no gap on the sides. I haven't found them for sale though. I meant to message the seller but forgot and now I can't find the bike again.

Awesome pipes.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:20 AM
joewg3
Tourer

Originally Posted by bubbabear
Loudest pipes= smallest d*ck
or you might just like a really loud bike to sound as badass as it looks

Old 07-31-2009, 01:17 PM
hdman1216
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by omgtkk
Every week there is a new thread on here about some community that is initiating noise ordinances because their residents are fed up loud pipes and every week there is someone new on here asking what the loudest pipes are that he can put on his bike. I guess we'll never learn to curb ourselves, so we can expect the government to do it for us.
The government is going to be running everything anyway. Why not let them regulate exhaust noise. With Obama, we will not have a choice in ANYTHING!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:38 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Smile

"Loud pipes= smallest d*ck"

is there a sizing vs sound chart somewhere. I have rinehart true duals and they seem pretty loud to me so maybe i only have a smallish d*ck but not the smallest.....and here I thought I already compensated with my lifted truck. I'm just glad my bike doesn't have big flashy chrome billet wheels because then I would probably have to sit down to pee pee!

Old 08-20-2009, 04:02 PM
DollabillD
5th Gear

Im new here, but found the site as I was looking for the Boomcans. Thought I would share. I found them here.

http://www.pipecity.com/Products/Pro...oductID/473947

Old 08-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Pezz
Cruiser

I just traded my 07 RK with boom cans in yesterday. They are hard to find. I got mine on That auction site that starts with an E for $400.00 I have seen them at some outlets for $600.00 They were made by Drag Specialties and they have been discontinued. As far as sound they are very nice. Like a rich butterscotch rumble, at low reves farily quiet, but twist the wick and they light up. I really did not want to part with them, but the dealership loved them so much they made sure I was taken care of. I think the bag is off so you can see them a little better.

Pic attached.

Attached Thumbnails Any one heard of Boom Can Slip on mufflers?-006.jpg  
Old 08-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Pezz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DollabillD
Im new here, but found the site as I was looking for the Boomcans. Thought I would share. I found them here.

http://www.pipecity.com/Products/Pro...oductID/473947
Wow! Good find. Those are priced really good. Looks like they are a reproduction by Bub. I could never understand why Drag quit making them. THey are awesome! Enjoy your new muffs you will get a lot of questions about them.

-B

Old 08-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Pezz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dennydp
Boom cans were originaly made by Downtown Harley Davidson in Seattle.Rights were sold (I think to Drag)
You are correct.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:32 PM
DollabillD
5th Gear

In all my research I found that DHD sold the rights to Drag Specialties, but Drag does not manufacture, they just distribute. They contracted with BUB to build them as an exclusive for Drag. Drag then decided to quit carrying them for some reason. Now BUB just makes one run a year of about 25 sets for a few of it's direct dealers.

Quick Reply: Any one heard of Boom Can Slip on mufflers?