Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHTCI Samson True Duals, opinion on slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 05:27 PM
LeviLad
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLHTCI Samson True Duals, opinion on slip-ons

Hi all, just like to get opinions on best slip on for a 2004 FLHTCI with Big bore stage II , 2.04 cam , 4dgree drive gear, SERT, Samson True dual, at this time Samson Rolled Thunder Ovals. Now the reason of replacing slip-ons, baffle has come loose on one of the slip ons and make a rattling noise, gets on wifes nerves, so replacing. I have looke over the web at D&D, Samson, Bassani,,,etc. do yall have any recommendations?

Old 05-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Topper
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLHTCI Samson True Duals, opinion on slip-ons

I have been hearing of a lot of local folks having problems with the finish on Samson pipes. Premature blueing and rusting. Never have had them so, really only speaking from what I've heard from other bikers and parts people. Don't think you could go wrong with D&D, Bassani, Rinehart or V&H. My bud just put the Rinehart slipons (Quiet Baffle) on his RG, neither he nor I really liked the sound. No real rumble, very tinny sound. He's gonna order the other baffle and hope the sound improves (He should have just done the whole system). I now run Bassani and am very happy with the pipe. Had V&H on my 05 Deluxe and the quality and finish was 2nd to none. Pretty loud also. Listen to as many pipes as you can and go from there. GL.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: FLHTCI Samson True Duals, opinion on slip-ons

We have almost the identical set-up........I run the rolled thunder slip-ons too. Had a heck of a time finding some slip-on mufflers I liked the sound of. V&H are too loud, the Rineharts are WAY too loud, the Performance Touring muffler isn't right.....so far, the Samsons have been as close to "good" as I have gotten. I even drilled out a pair of HD SE Touring mufflers.....tinny.....don't do it. I've heard some horrible stuff come from those Bassani's.
I wish we could find a slip-on that sounded as deep and penetrating as the old EVO-powered staggered duals that we drilled out. Those were just perfect. I have yet to hear anything sound that good.
For my money, I'd replace the bad Samson or fix it and keep looking.

Good luck! Let us know if you find something out there.......................