Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do we do it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm proud to buy American and the bike fits my needs. Plus it is big enough for the all the stuff the OL wants to bring on the ride. The 09 Road Glide is sweet in the turns, cuts the wind well and is easy to control in the parking lot. Plus I have a local dealer (4 miles away) with lots of parts in stock. Good dealer service, good machine, good ride.

I sugguest you test ride every bike that you are interested in and go from there. The ride is what people experience while the myth and flash is what some dealers try to sell you. If the ride does not live up to the hype, don't invest.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Road Head
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Twist n Smoke
Cause chicks dig it!
Seriously.....the Harley turns my wife on more than I do....lol! She went up to a complete stranger on vacation and asked him for a ride, since we didn't have ours.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Malac Frost
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I have posted about this comment before, but here we go again.
I got my fist bike at the age of 6 years old. It was a 1984 Honda XR 250. I had to use an upside down bucket to get on the thing and then to get off I just slowed down in the grass and jumped off. I was 10 years old when my father passed away. I was the proud but sad owner of his Pan head. I tightened and replaced damn near every fastener on that bike for 4 years until I was able to ride it legally. I knew that bike like no bodies business. Then I went to college and had to sell it to pay for my last year of school in order to graduate. I bought my own Harley at the age of 25. Now I am 30 and have 2 wonderful bikes.
I ride an HD because it is what I know and what I was raised with. I hope to provide the same experiences for my son. Minus me dying at a young age of course.
Ride safe.

Malac

Old 07-16-2009, 09:35 PM
valleybuck
Tourer

Summer of 07 my buddy and I rode from Louisville Ky. to the Grand Cannyon.I had a Gl1800 Goldwing He has an Ultra.I had a Electra Glide classic befor the G.W.and missed the Harley.Anyway on the way back we are on the old Route 66 and it just seemed so cool a H.D. on route 66. An American legend.To me its just a special feeling to own and ride a Harley.So in the winter of 08 I bought the R.G.Sold the G.W. to a guy in Mi.Who asked me the same question and I gave the same answer as you.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:42 PM
hotshot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my first Harley last year.... '08 Ultra.... Rode some of my friends mini-bikes, Honda 50's, Dream 90's, etc when I was really young. Talked my dad into letting me buy a Honda 125 at 14 years old, been riding off and on since. Owned Suzuki's, Kawa's, Honda's..... but finally rode my first Harley at DemoDay's May 2008..... I signed up and can't see ever going back to a Rice Burner. It's definitely a lifestyle....

Old 07-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Chips
Road Warrior

Diamond or Cubic Zirconia?