Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

- need inexpensive lights..

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:01 PM
evil_monster
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default - need inexpensive lights..

I have a 2004 electra glide classic. I'm looking for INEXPENSIVE lights that will increase visibility to the rear. I've been considering adding a small red light at the bottom of the saddlebag just below the rail, a larger one in between the two rains and one larger strip or something on the trunk. I want MUCH more flexibility. The lights I've found haven't been what I'm looking for. Some are..but the cost is prohibitive. I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend. If anyone knows of any such lights I can look at..please let me know. Thanks

Old 07-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Inexpensive = cheap in more than one way. Low quality. Low output. Short life. Don't sacrifice when it comes to your safety. Get yourself some Radiantz turn signal clusters, a Biketronics Tailbones run/turn/brake module and a BriteAssLight tail light. That'll light up your ***. If nothing else at least go for the clusters and the module. Cost under $100.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Freebee
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best bang for the buck IMO is the conversion kit that utilizes your existing lamps for running and brake lights. I had it on my 01' FLHT and the new Ultra will get one soon!!

Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Turn signal module adds an auxiliary brake light and running light function to your existing turn signals for auxiliary rear lighting. Red lenses glow when the headlamp is on, and increase in intensity when brakes or turn signals are activated. Easy-to-install, the kit simply plugs into your existing wiring harness. Red turn signal lenses are included. Meets DOT requirements.

This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.

69462-06A
$57.95

Old 07-15-2009, 09:16 PM
evil_monster
Advanced

Originally Posted by Freebee
Best bang for the buck IMO is the conversion kit that utilizes your existing lamps for running and brake lights. I had it on my 01' FLHT and the new Ultra will get one soon!!

Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Turn signal module adds an auxiliary brake light and running light function to your existing turn signals for auxiliary rear lighting. Red lenses glow when the headlamp is on, and increase in intensity when brakes or turn signals are activated. Easy-to-install, the kit simply plugs into your existing wiring harness. Red turn signal lenses are included. Meets DOT requirements.

This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.

69462-06A
$57.95
I put one of those on my softail..$34.95 from Ebay. I may do it again... but I'm going to first add extra lights. the newer FLHCU has lights on the trunk that wrap around...the 04 FLHC only has lights on the side of the trunk..but they reflect off of the lids of the saddle bags pretty good at night. MY concern isn't night time since I do so little night driving. I have to have something that REALLY gets attention on the day. I read somewhere here where someone used a light bar but the referenced bar was over $200 Not in my budget. In the past I've purchased (and used) slim line LED marker lights that were less than 1/2 inch thick LED sealed pieces with great success but can't seem to find them again. another problem in locating EXACTLY what I want is terminology. Different people call them different things

Old 07-15-2009, 09:18 PM
evil_monster
Advanced

Originally Posted by Monstermile
Inexpensive = cheap in more than one way. Low quality. Low output. Short life. Don't sacrifice when it comes to your safety. Get yourself some Radiantz turn signal clusters, a Biketronics Tailbones run/turn/brake module and a BriteAssLight tail light. That'll light up your ***. If nothing else at least go for the clusters and the module. Cost under $100.
that's why poor people have $1Million life insurance policies...because they can't sacrifice :-)

Old 07-15-2009, 09:32 PM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check this tread https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...light-bar.html

I am looking for a couple of stips just like the one I used to make some light bars for the area between my saddlebag rails. I to am not a rich man and can't see paying 300-500.00 for lights that I know I can duplicate or at least custom build a hell of a lot cheaper and it will be one off..

Joe