Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailers

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 04:00 PM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 477 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Eagle
I just bought a small trailer kit from Harbor Freight. $429.00 about 150 or so pounds. The Haul Master Tag-A-Long. Has a nice hard plastic clam shell carrier. Hope to have it completed this weekend for a test ride to see how it pulls. Getting the wireing harness from NAPA that has a power converter to get trailer light power from the battery instead of the bikes system. Hope that works too.
Been eyeballing that trailer, interested to see how you like it. I get H-F 20% off coupons all the time so the price is right.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:31 PM
5 Speed Suicide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hfdarson1
After a couple of months of research and not wanting to spend $4000.00 plus I decide on a Aluma MCTXL. It is in transit at this time Aluma MCTXL from www.thomasamerican.com. (salesperson Luke) Made in Iowa, U.S.A. with 5 year warranty. Delivery only to a business no residences $2000.00 including shipping to Houston. The trailer comes completely assembled in a crate 4'x8'. Some of the other places that sell Aluma Trailer you have to assemble them and they charge extra for the cooler tray. There are also some Aluma Lite and Aluma Line trailers out there that are actually Chinese products. According to my research they are made of thinner metal and 1 year or 90 day warranty. No it's not a Buschtec,Turtlehull or American Legend but I think over the years it will do just fine. I got the all diamond plate one and I don't have to worry about painting it each time I get a new bike.

Jerry
Hey I know that place! I go by there on my way to work. They have a bunch of trailers sitting outside. They look pretty cool. Always wanted to stop and check them out. Maybe I will!