Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUBs, K&N, PCV from FuelMoto added yesterday.....WOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:27 AM
CommanderTC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUBs, K&N, PCV from FuelMoto added yesterday.....WOW!!

All my stuff came in: K&N Air Charger (the one that looks like the Screamin Eagle) & the PCV - both from Jamie at FuelMoto, and my BUB 7 slip-ons from Phat Performance. Dang what a remarkable and significant difference. It feels like I unhitched a trailer from it loaded with bricks! This 103 can run now!

Because it was to be a police bike (this one was painted and shipped for the Utah Highway Patrol but they went to BMW) , I don't have all the gauges yet. So I don't know how much cooler it runs. I'm emailing Jamie to see if he can tell me what his best estimate is on what my hp/torque output is now.

These BUB 7 slip-ons sound incredible too! Very happy with the deep, muscular sound.

I love everything about what I did yesterday. Next I'm installing the Chubby 12.5" from Wild1, along with the wire and cable kits from Johnny Vaughn at HD Bike Parts. Also, I think my Clearview 8" has shipped, as I noticed they charged my card.

Almost there...I still have a few things to go: Stereo/speakers/amp, civilian wiring harnesses to replace the cop wiring setup, chrome wheels, and I'm sure I'll see or hear about something else I will "need"!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like the same results many of us have experienced. Glad you are happy

Old 07-15-2009, 08:43 AM
missile
Tourer

I am looking at the k&n or SE how about some good pics of the air cleaner. I couldn't tell on their web site how well it cover up the EFI.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:19 AM
CommanderTC
Cruiser

Originally Posted by missile
I am looking at the k&n or SE how about some good pics of the air cleaner. I couldn't tell on their web site how well it cover up the EFI.
Well that's a good question because I do have some issues with that and I was discussing this very issue this morning in the office with a RK guy. There is an ugly multi-wire plug and some wires exposed and I need to resolve that somehow. I may have to go back to the OEM cover with a K&N filter or go to the Screamin Eagle set up...I don't know. I'm seeking advice on that now.

Attached Thumbnails BUBs, K&N, PCV from FuelMoto added yesterday.....WOW!!-k-and-n-filter.jpg  
Old 07-15-2009, 11:01 AM
missile
Tourer

Thanks for the pic that is what has been holding me up. Dawg posted a part number for a shield that was used with the heavy breather but have not been able to find out if it will work with the K&N. The part was only like 20.00.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:34 AM
CommanderTC
Cruiser

Originally Posted by missile
Thanks for the pic that is what has been holding me up. Dawg posted a part number for a shield that was used with the heavy breather but have not been able to find out if it will work with the K&N. The part was only like 20.00.
if you find out let me know. I'll also be looking in the meantime

Old 07-15-2009, 11:42 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats great upgrade love my Bub 7's too !

Old 07-15-2009, 11:58 AM
missile
Tourer

I have them written down at home I will look and pm ya