Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought 09 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:33 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats, little SAD to hear about the FATTY !

Old 07-15-2009, 05:39 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Congrats !. You'll love every minute of your new Ultra cuz I know it from experience. Was going to strip it down to SG level on solo day rides, but I haven't. Love everything about the Ultra's got to offer. No regrets whatsoever.

Enjoy,

Thorey

Old 07-18-2009, 10:28 AM
lclement
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hpfatboy
Congrats, little SAD to hear about the FATTY !
Yeah I hated to get rid of the first Harley I bout but I don’t think I will look back to much. Picked it up 2 days ago and have road just over 200 miles. Getting her broke in and getting ready for a trip to Colorado this September.

I have 1 question, I am taller and the stock wind screen is nearly perfect but does anyone know of a re-curved wind screen such as Clear View. What are some other brands that kick the wind up a little higher without increasing the height of the wind screen?

Just need to move the wind about 1 to 2 inches higher to keep it from hitting my helmet.

The side pods and the lowers on the fairing make a big difference, really like them. I add the detachable tour pack kit from FBI, looks sharp! Nice and clean sporty look like a street glide which is what I was going for.

Thanks

Old 07-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

WooHoo! Congrats to you on the new bike! It'll be a major change from the Fattie.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:45 PM
oldbagr
Road Master

Originally Posted by lclement
Yeah I hated to get rid of the first Harley I bout but I don’t think I will look back to much. Picked it up 2 days ago and have road just over 200 miles. Getting her broke in and getting ready for a trip to Colorado this September.

I have 1 question, I am taller and the stock wind screen is nearly perfect but does anyone know of a re-curved wind screen such as Clear View. What are some other brands that kick the wind up a little higher without increasing the height of the wind screen?

Just need to move the wind about 1 to 2 inches higher to keep it from hitting my helmet.

The side pods and the lowers on the fairing make a big difference, really like them. I add the detachable tour pack kit from FBI, looks sharp! Nice and clean sporty look like a street glide which is what I was going for.

Thanks
Congrats on the new Ultra... great color choice! As for re-curved wind screens, you may want to check out WindVest (www.windvest.com). I had a 9 1/2" Clear View that I just changed out to a 10" WindVest and the WindVest definetly moves the air higher than the Clear View. Also, you won't have to wait weeks to get the WindVest as they always have them in stock.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:58 PM
catracho
Road Captain

Welcome to the Dark Side!!

Old 07-19-2009, 01:08 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep love my Ultra and more importantly my wife really does love the back seat, so I get to spend more time with her. Somebody clue me in on what FBI stands for, I would like to look at their relocation kit also.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:23 PM
lclement
Cruiser

Originally Posted by harleyflyboy
Yep love my Ultra and more importantly my wife really does love the back seat, so I get to spend more time with her. Somebody clue me in on what FBI stands for, I would like to look at their relocation kit also.
No problem man I took some pics and will post them on here. The kit it is very clean I can’t even see the mounting studs when the pack is off. I think with the Harley kit you can and they also sell caps to put on the studs to dress them up some… but the FBI kit they are not needed.

I looked at the windvest site and was impressed at what I saw. The recurve looks more pronounced then the clear view and yes waiting months to get one is an issue… I had a clear view on my fatbboy and it was okay. My only question is do I get an 8 inch or a 6 inch?

FBI stands for Fat Baggers Incorporated they make some pretty cool stuff…

www.fatbaggers.com

Old 07-20-2009, 09:02 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

good for you...

Old 07-20-2009, 09:05 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

best of luck, wishes for many safe miles ahead Jim

Quick Reply: Bought 09 Ultra