Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed new bars on 08 RKC w/ABS

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Iamopie2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed new bars on 08 RKC w/ABS

Finished installing my braided cables and beach bars (WO550) last night on my RKC. What a task it was.

The bars were not difficult at all just time consuming. I got the harley internal wiring TBW sensor (PN: 32310-08) and that made everything so easy. No extensions needed, they were long enough right out of the box and just wired up the molex after pulling them through the bar. All the other wires were a bit trickier. I got the wire extensions from Johnny Vaughn which was a big bag of color coded extensions that matched the ones from harley which made things easer.

I cut off the Molex connectors then spliced in the extension, soldered it and shrink wrapped it. Once the whole bundle was done, i ran the wires through th bar and then soldered the Molex connector back on. Not hard at all, just time consuming.

As for the braided cables, what a PITA. The stealership quoted me $760 for the install of the bars and cables so i decided to do it myself, i had no idea what was involved in the cables.

the biggest hassles were pulling of the tank to route the brake line and pulling the exhaust to put in the clutch cable. But it is all done now, just have to get the bike to the dealer to hook up the abs and make sure its good and bled correctly. I bled it enough to ride but im not taking chances with it. I will try and get pictures up soon.