Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rg owners for the record

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 03:19 PM
DRAFT1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rg owners for the record

This would probably be better used as a pole but wasn't sure how to get there. Since there are so many threads with so many variences in outcome of windshields for the Road Glide, I thought this would help out those searching for the right combination. It is great that some of you do not have this acute buffeting problem that is discussed thoughout this forum. But for those that do, sometimes resolving it becomes very expensive. Here is what I would like to do. I will list a few numbered questions and would like you to simply put the number down with an answer. I will follow this post with my own answers as a guide. I think this would give someone at least a starting point when searching for the right combination to suit their needs. Many thanks to those that participate. Help us help ourselves!

1. Your Height?

2. Your inseam?

3. Make of windshield? (Mfr./model/type/height etc.)

4. Type of Seat? (Mfr./model) I.E. Corbin/Solo or HD/Touring

5. Do you have lowers? I.E. HD or Hogchopps or Soft

6. Do you have a Tourpak mounted on the bike?

7. Do you have a buffeting problem now? Describe in full of how bad? I.E. at what speed? one or/and two up riding? only on windy day?

8. Add any other comments that you may want to express about solutions and what helped.

Thanks again.

Last edited by DRAFT1; 07-12-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:23 PM
meintel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. 5'8"
2. 30"
3. Krome Werks 12" Flare
4. Stock with about 4,000 mile on it.
5. N/A
6. No Tourpak. Removable Sissy Bar and Luggage Rack
7. No buffeting since I changed the windshield.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:24 PM
DRAFT1
Tourer

Originally Posted by DRAFT1
This would probably be better used as a pole but wasn't sure how to get there. Since there are so many threads with so many variences in outcome of windshields for the Road Glide, I thought this would help out those searching for the right combination. It is great that some of you do not have this acute buffeting problem that is discussed thoughout this forum. But for those that do, sometimes resolving it becomes very expensive. Here is what I would like to do. I will list a few numbered questions and would like you to simply put the number down with an answer. I will follow this post with my own answers as a guide. I think this would give someone at least a starting point when searching for the right combination to suit their needs. Many thanks to those that participate. Help us help ourselves!

1. Your Height?

2. Your inseam?

7. Do you have a buffeting problem now? Describe in full of how bad? I.E. at what speed? one or/and two up riding? only on wendy day?

8. Add any other comments that you may want to express about solutions and what helped.

Thanks again.
1. 5'-11"
2. 33"
3. Clearview Med. (+1 1/2") with recurve
4. HD Stock Ultra seat
5. HD factory hard lowers
6. Yes
7. Yes, harmonic vibration at top of helmet, impared vision, itching face, discomfort at most speeds above 50mph and gruling for touring long 500 to 600 mile days. I wear a full face helmet.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:26 PM
DRAFT1
Tourer

Originally Posted by meintel
1. 5'8"
2. 30"
3. Krome Werks 12" Flare
4. Stock with about 4,000 mile on it.
5. N/A
6. No Tourpak. Removable Sissy Bar and Luggage Rack
7. No buffeting since I changed the windshield.
Man your fast! Thanks for the info.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:34 PM
mhud
Road Captain

1. 5' 10"

2. 30"

3. Clearview Med. +1

4. Mustang Solo

5. Yes - HD hard

6. Yes

7. No

8. I LUV it!

Attached Thumbnails Rg owners for the record-100_1815.jpg  
Old 07-12-2009, 03:35 PM
meintel
Cruiser

Man your fast! Thanks for the info.
No problem I am sitting here at work with nothing better to do.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:49 PM
1953riderforlife
Tourer

1. Your Height?
-6' 2''

2. Your inseam?
-32''

Stock

-HD/Comfort Stitch

-No

-Yes

7. Do you have a buffeting problem now? Describe in full of how bad? I.E. at what speed? one or/and two up riding? only on wendy day?
-Some but not intolerable. However, it does blur my vision a bit. My larger problem is that no matter how often I tighten the screws, the windshield vibrates so I'm planning on replacing and would like to know the optimum hight.

-Just interested in what others have done.

Thanks again.
Responses are embedded to the questions. Thanks for askin'

Old 07-12-2009, 06:10 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master

1. Your Height? 6' 2"

2. Your inseam? 33"

3. Make of windshield? (Mfr./model/type/height etc.) Clearview Stock height

4. Type of Seat? (Mfr./model) I.E. Corbin/Solo or HD/Touring - Stock HD RG seat with removable backrest

5. Do you have lowers? I.E. HD or Hogchopps or Soft - NO

6. Do you have a Tourpak mounted on the bike? - Yes with quick detachable hardware and detachable lock

7. Do you have a buffeting problem now? Describe in full of how bad? I.E. at what speed? one or/and two up riding? only on wendy day? - not really, just get a little wind at the top of the head.

8. Add any other comments that you may want to express about solutions and what helped. Best mods for comfort for me were the backrest, Kuryakyn Cruise Boards, and Heritage bars. Also pricing out new rims and tires to get rid of the Dun-Flop D407F on the front end that's cupping and causing vibration in the front end in the turns.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:15 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

. 5' 11"

2. 32"

3. Klockwerks 8" (low profile black)

4. Danny Gray big seat with driver backrest and large rear pillion

5. I.E. HD lower fairings

6. No tourpack. Tall rear detachable backrest with large pad.

7. No buffeting ever. No skin crawling after long rides when riding solo. I did get a little skin crawling with 2 up after a long ride to VA (not sure why....kind of purplexed). Windshield is low profile so I do get a little turbulent wind at the helmet level but no direct wind. I think a 12" klockswerk would be perfect for me. I can duck my head about 2 inches and I get absolutely no wind. I plan to change it out and see if it makes that big of a difference.

8. I personally think its very comfortable (as it sits) compared to what I'm used to. LOL.

Last edited by FunkyNova66; 07-13-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:48 AM
DRAFT1
Tourer

Thanks for all of the replies so far. I hope to compile as many as possible.

Quick Reply: Rg owners for the record