Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet communication

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 12:44 AM
ucommbxny
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scala rider, forum sponsor techncyclegear has them and was giving forum members a discount.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Mojo08
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings,

I'll be heading home from the sandbox in a little under 6 months and have been looking at headsets to buy when I get back. If the HD headset is as bad as everyone says then I'll likely replace the one I have with a quality pair. I've done a bit of forum surfing and I like the Scala Q2, but I'm not 100% convinced I want to abandon the controls on my bike. Is there a good headset that will take advantage of the handlebar and passenger controls built into an '08 Ultra Classic?

Thanks!
Andy

Old 07-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a bike with no built in communication I'd recommend the Scala Q2 or if you aren't in a hurry the G4.

J&M is a very good brand also but it would be easier to use the Scala Rider since you have no built in comm now.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:12 PM
locodude
Road Captain

my ultra came with one headset/mic I've never hooked it up but was thinking of buying an additional hd brand so the wife and I could talk. Anybody else use the harley stuff or does it just suck?

Old 07-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Mojo08
1st Gear

I do have built in comms though. I like the Scala, but I want to weigh all of my options. Looking to see what quality headsets are out there that will take advantage of what's built in to the bike.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:14 PM
trippy57
Cruiser

Would like to see someone's setup of the Scala Q2 on a half helmet if that's possible.....I just got mine in and was looking to buy 3/4 helmets since I didn't think they'd work on a half shell........any help would be appreciated!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:10 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Swamphunter
2 more questions..

1) Do these work with half helmets?? Or do you need a full face helmet (maybe a dumb question but not sure)

2) I assume my new RK will not have an accessory plug as there is no fairing. (Haven't taken delivery yet, waiting to order a 2010 model). How does this wire in??

Thanks
Buy the Scala Q2 and you don't have to worry about wires.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Chumplestilskin
Tourer

Originally Posted by trippy57
Would like to see someone's setup of the Scala Q2 on a half helmet if that's possible.....I just got mine in and was looking to buy 3/4 helmets since I didn't think they'd work on a half shell........any help would be appreciated!
I'll try to get a pic of mine

Old 07-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Chumplestilskin
Tourer
Talking

Originally Posted by trippy57
hehe I had the Zoolander poses but didn't have the ***** to post them!

Ok, half helmet with Scala Rider Q2:

How you attach the speakers to a half helmet (note, mine has the ear padding but there is a velcro square you could attach to the straps. Hope you can see it in the photo - I mounted my speaker offset from it to line up with the ears:

Old 07-21-2009, 04:36 PM
trippy57
Cruiser
Cool

Originally Posted by Chumplestilskin
hehe I had the Zoolander poses but didn't have the ***** to post them!

Ok, half helmet with Scala Rider Q2:

How you attach the speakers to a half helmet (note, mine has the ear padding but there is a velcro square you could attach to the straps. Hope you can see it in the photo - I mounted my speaker offset from it to line up with the ears:
O.K. Thanks for the post of the pics! How well can you hear each other at highway speeds? I know the directions are clear in stating that the speakers need to be as close as possible to the ears.....was just wondering if you have problems with wind noise too......thanks again for the pics!

Quick Reply: Helmet communication