Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet communication

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 01:33 PM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the IMC Intercom MIT-30 from Sierra Electronics. GF and I have no complaints with it. Intercom works great!!!

Billy G

Old 07-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the Scala bluetooth system. Nice not having wires, you can pipe music into them and link them to a phone if you wish.

These are the folks I and a friend bought our single units from.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MULTISET-Cardo-S...lenotsupported

Old 07-12-2009, 02:44 PM
TMair
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the FoxTalk, I like it, but then I only paid $35.00 for the set new, they have throat mics with them, I like that, they seam to work well, the one thing I don't like about them is when you plug in a music source you cannot talk with them, I thought that was kind of dumb, but since I put quiet pipes on the RK I can now talk to my wife with out much yelling, so I am going to get a CB this week and see if I can feed it into the head set so we can both hear, going to the grand canyon with a few guys on goldwings I want to be able to communicate with them.
Terry
P.S. I have herd good things about chatterbox though

Old 07-12-2009, 03:26 PM
wctom
Cruiser

+1 Scala Q2 Multiset. Works great rider to passenger, or rider to rider on another bike.
Site sponsor www.techncyclegear.com gives a 10% discount to forum members, and has great service.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:00 PM
RoadHog659
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Autocom sells an adapter so you can tap into any switched power source. I think Autocom recommends tapping into the tail light wiring. You can also run the system using a 9V battery but it uses a lot of them, and the 9V battery usually gives out right at the most inconvenient times when you really need to communicate with fellow riders. The various components (music, CB, GPS, whatever) plug into the main box using audio cords, many of which are also sold by Autocom.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got the BluAnt Interphone. It's wireless and can be used as a BlutTooth and also an intercom with your passenger or even a friend who rides their own bike and has the same BluAnt unit.

It's rechargable and very easy to use. I got it for $110 on Amazon so if you need two then double that price.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:47 PM
lewain
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also looking for a good bluetooth device for my wife and myself. Can you use the SCALA RIDER Q2 on the Harley Carbon Kevlar 1/2 helmet? Has any one used this set up and if so how did it work out for you?

Old 07-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Chumplestilskin
Tourer

Originally Posted by lewain
I am also looking for a good bluetooth device for my wife and myself. Can you use the SCALA RIDER Q2 on the Harley Carbon Kevlar 1/2 helmet? Has any one used this set up and if so how did it work out for you?
Yep, in fact I have mine mounted on the same helmet and it works good and is my ONLY experience at using the headset. Just use the "round" microphone wind cover on the half helmets in lieu of the flat ones (for full face)

Old 07-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Jahillsr
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For a different flavor, I went with the new Chatterbox XB2. Pluses are it links via Bluetooth to my Blackberry in sterio for the built-in mp3 and the phone. Should work fine with a GPS and another XB2 as an intercom between rider/passenger/other riders.
The main minus, you can't voice dial the phone.
A plus and/or minus is the non-boom mike option, depending on if you use a full face or not.

Sound seems OK. Don't really use the phone.

The different brands/models are not compatible from what I understand. So if bike-to-bike is a goal keep that in mind.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:42 PM
capt_caveman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the Scala Q2 Multiset. We use them on 3/4 and 1/2 helmets. I use the HD communication pouches to hold the speakers with the 1/2 helmets. The current versions of the Q2 has a jack to connect your MP3 player so you can listen through the speakers. I don't know how well that works as I have an EGC with the radio.

I have used the bluetooth phone connections a few times and it works great. I have talked with the gf while on the bike running 60mph and she said it sounded like I was in the living room.

We just got back from a trip to the Smokey Mountains and we got about 10 hrs of talk time on the way home.

Quick Reply: Helmet communication