Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple killed in motorcycle crash

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driving is a responsiblity and previlige why do people feel the need to abuse both of these things when their behind the wheel of a cage?

Old 07-11-2009, 09:24 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

it seems to me like he just got a slap on the wrist....Do you think because he was a soldier they went easier on him than a civilian? just saying..

Old 07-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Andy Engemann
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmhfguy
There is never such a thing as an "accident". It is always driver error. Period. Doesn't matter what you drive, every collision is not an accident.

Very true....that is why a lot of law enforcement agencies refer to them as crashes rather than accidents!

Andy

Old 07-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member

I can't believe he only got 3 years for reckless driving and killing innocent people. Total BS

Old 07-11-2009, 10:56 PM
TMair
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by big_al
it seems to me like he just got a slap on the wrist....Do you think because he was a soldier they went easier on him than a civilian? just saying..
exactly what I was thinking!
Terry

Old 07-11-2009, 11:01 PM
ThePointman
Road Captain

Wrong just plain wrong. No matter how remorseful the guy is he killed two people and should do a minimum of 10 years for each. Justice is just not there these days. I like the old west, the family of dead should be able to hunt the guy down and send him to his maker..

Old 07-12-2009, 12:40 AM
genedjr
Road Captain
Default change the law

I too live here. And its the law.

So f'ing change the law. If you are comitting a crime (street racing is a crime) and kill people - your done. In my opinion death. Eye for an Eye and all that. It really does not matter that these people were riding or driving or sitting on thier porch. You are committing a crime and people died, your life should be forfit.

[positions soap box carefully and stands on it]
We spend litterally billions and billions of dollars on safer streets, highways and cars but we do not spend a f'ing dime on making better drivers. That is plain wrong.
[stands down]

...gene

Old 07-12-2009, 01:04 AM
simsjam
Cruiser

Originally Posted by genedjr
I too live here. And its the law.

So f'ing change the law. If you are comitting a crime (street racing is a crime) and kill people - your done. In my opinion death. Eye for an Eye and all that. It really does not matter that these people were riding or driving or sitting on thier porch. You are committing a crime and people died, your life should be forfit.

[positions soap box carefully and stands on it]
We spend litterally billions and billions of dollars on safer streets, highways and cars but we do not spend a f'ing dime on making better drivers. That is plain wrong.
[stands down]

...gene
I am with you on that. When that fool made the choice to street race that was probably not the first time. He was using a deady weapon and a reckless manner at that point. No different that shooting a gun into a crowd of people. I have seen videos posted on Youtube of these morons racing on Academy and Powers.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:38 AM
LTBiker
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Allow me to put in a plug here for joining the AMA if you aren't a member already. They have been fighting for years now for stiffer laws and sentences for those who hit and kill bikers, or for that matter a bicyclist or pedestrian. 3 years for killing 2 people is a joke, but many others have gotten even less than that. Your membership fee is a good investment IMO.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:17 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Come on up to CANADA, he probably would have gotten HOUSE ARREST!!! Serve his time in the LUXURY of his home! We've got SUCH TOUGH LAWS up here! What about the guy who got 3 yrs. for stealing LANCE ARMSTRONGS BIKE? GO FIGURE.

Quick Reply: Couple killed in motorcycle crash