Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know the FLXXX!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:43 AM
msankey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Per wikipedia:

I do not think that it is a Trike version of the street glide because the trike designation is the "tg" at the end of the model name. A trike version of the street glide would be FLHXTG.

The first two letters "FL" classify the bike as touring.

X has been used in the past do designate the following:

- It has been used to denote a model within the revolution bikes.
- It has been used to denote small telescopic forks with softails and dynas.
- It has been used for models with a 19 to 21 inch wheel with no floorboards.

I am not making any claim as to what the new model will be but think that looking at what HD has done in the past might give us a clue.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Chumplestilskin
Tourer

I think there has been more speculation on what's coming in 2010 than when Jesus is coming back...(of course sarcasm).

Not as much in this thread but there have been multiple posts on the speculation of the V-Road aka Road Rod being unattractive as a bagger due to the "2up" situation. However, I wonder how many Baggers are out there that don't do much 2up stuff?

I for one can't get my wife on the back of the bike for nuttin'. I would PREFER she had her own bike if she wanted to ride. I would love for her to participate in this adventure one way or another with me but she's not interested in either. Further, she is afraid that we will both get creamed at the same time leaving our children orphans. So....it's likely she may go around the block and that's about it.

So..why do I have a Bagger? I want someplace to put my stuff! In addition, I like fairings and the tunes that are in them. If money was easily available, I would consider a Road Road in a heartbeat.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by msankey
Per wikipedia:

I do not think that it is a Trike version of the street glide because the trike designation is the "tg" at the end of the model name. A trike version of the street glide would be FLHXTG.

The first two letters "FL" classify the bike as touring.

X has been used in the past do designate the following:

- It has been used to denote a model within the revolution bikes.
- It has been used to denote small telescopic forks with softails and dynas.
- It has been used for models with a 19 to 21 inch wheel with no floorboards.

I am not making any claim as to what the new model will be but think that looking at what HD has done in the past might give us a clue.
FL denotes the fork style not the bike family. A Fatboy is an FLSTF and in the Softail family, not the Touring family.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:04 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
FL denotes the fork style not the bike family. A Fatboy is an FLSTF and in the Softail family, not the Touring family.
Thats interesting, I did not know that.

Beary

Old 07-13-2009, 04:03 PM
msankey
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson

The beginning of my post said "per wikipedia." And actually FL is a combination of F which stands for big twin motor and L which is used to denote wheel size. An example of this given is

• Softail models that use Springer forks with a 21-inch (530 mm) wheel have designations that begin with FXSTS, e.g., FXSTS (Springer Softail) and FXSTSB (Bad Boy).
  • Softail models that use Springer forks with a 16-inch (410 mm) wheel have designations that begin with FLSTS, e.g., FLSTSC (Springer Classic) and FLSTSB (Cross Bones).
Although FL in combination with one another can denote fork size it is also used for other applications.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:39 PM
2007 ultra c
Cruiser

F: big engine (not sportster) L: fat front tire H: heavy T: touring X: (in second place) narrow front tire ST: (in 3-4 place) SoftTail as in flst, fxst

Old 07-24-2009, 08:20 PM
yoseppi
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When does Harley usually redesign their website with the new years bikes? I remember last year their site crashed from the load.

But can't remember what day it was.

Anyone?