Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragonfly fairing for my Roadking

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:45 PM
jtouchette
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragonfly fairing for my Roadking

I'm seriously considering a Dragonfly fairing for my Roadking and I would like to know the thoughts of other regarding this.
Thanks as always!

Old 05-22-2006, 04:06 PM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Dragonfly fairing for my Roadking

I have two buddies that bought these for their RKs. One really likes his but the other can not seem to get it mounted so that he does not have a vibration/rattling noise from the fairing. He has tried everything with no avail. Dragonfly worked with him on it but no resolution yet.

Old 05-22-2006, 04:11 PM
jtouchette
Advanced

Very interesting, i like the look and after all these years would like the tunes but I don't like the idea of a vibration/rattling noise?
ORIGINAL: 100thRK

I have two buddies that bought these for their RKs. One really likes his but the other can not seem to get it mounted so that he does not have a vibration/rattling noise from the fairing. He has tried everything with no avail. Dragonfly worked with him on it but no resolution yet.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:57 PM
mutha
Road Captain

CHECK OUT THIS COMPANY.......http://www.thegaragefather.com/
it is a friend of mine, and I think they make an awesome detachable fairing system

Old 05-22-2006, 06:01 PM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might not see the same problem but just wanted to give you a heads up.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:57 PM
sliderking
Intermediate

Before you buy any fairing take a look at the Dead Center Cycle Fairing at deadcentercycles.com I just put one on my 03 RKC and I love it. I looked at Dragonfly, Garagefather, Hoppe Designs but the deciding factor for me was that this is the only one that can be locked to your forks. It mounts to the exhisting fairing mounts but has a patented locking mechanism. I don't have any pics yet but here are a couple of links to another member of HDForums that has the DCC fairing. I ordered the fairing without the stero/speakers, had the fairing painted and then had a custom audio shop install the head unit and speakers and also wire it into the HD audio controls that are for the Ultra. Had to get new switch housing and switches which they installed for me. I love it....plus Wilem at Dead Center Cycles is great to deal with. He answered all my questions, explained anything I wanted to know...talked to him for about 45 minutes.

Pics on the bike
http://www.warpbubble.com/bikepics/fairing

Pics of the fairing mocked up with different gauge layouts (photoshop)
http://www.warpbubble.com/bikepics/fairing/gauges

Old 05-22-2006, 10:08 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Quadzilla from www.hoppeindustries.com

Old 05-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Pauljr
Cruiser

Has anyone figured out a way to leave the Tach on. A Buddy has a 2003 SE Road King and doesn't want to remove the tach but would like the Fairing to be quick detachable.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: sliderking

Before you buy any fairing take a look at the Dead Center Cycle Fairing at deadcentercycles.com I just put one on my 03 RKC and I love it. I looked at Dragonfly, Garagefather, Hoppe Designs but the deciding factor for me was that this is the only one that can be locked to your forks. It mounts to the exhisting fairing mounts but has a patented locking mechanism. I don't have any pics yet but here are a couple of links to another member of HDForums that has the DCC fairing. I ordered the fairing without the stero/speakers, had the fairing painted and then had a custom audio shop install the head unit and speakers and also wire it into the HD audio controls that are for the Ultra. Had to get new switch housing and switches which they installed for me. I love it....plus Wilem at Dead Center Cycles is great to deal with. He answered all my questions, explained anything I wanted to know...talked to him for about 45 minutes.

Pics on the bike
http://www.warpbubble.com/bikepics/fairing

Pics of the fairing mocked up with different gauge layouts (photoshop)
http://www.warpbubble.com/bikepics/fairing/gauges
I second that, I'm running a DeadCenterCycle (detachable/lockable) fairing on my RK. Pic below in signature line, and I've ordered from DragonFly and this link of my concerns is below:

https://www.hdforums.com/m_355049/tm.htm

I have finally received the rear trunk speaker pods, but was starting to get very concerned as to why the delay!

The product (pod's) are prolly not something they mfg but just the same it did arrive and was in good shape. Just took way to long!

Old 05-23-2006, 12:13 PM
jtouchette
Advanced

WOW, thanks guys, really good information........thank you agian!

Quick Reply: Dragonfly fairing for my Roadking