Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour-Pak Lid Organizer w/Lid Rack

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:41 AM
One Black FLHXI
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tour-Pak Lid Organizer w/Lid Rack

I would like to purchase a Tour-Pak lid Organizer and the "Big Book" states that it can not be used with the Lid Racks. I need the Lid Rack to secure my T-Bag. Does anyone have this combo? And were you able to modify the Lid Organizer to make it work? Scott

Old 05-22-2006, 12:28 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default RE: Tour-Pak Lid Organizer w/Lid Rack

I really do not know what they are talking about, I have an 04 FLHTCI with a rack and organizer under the lid?? They may be talking about Not being able to install the rack After you install a lid organizer ???

I just checked the 06 parts book, page 424 - if you look at the pictures of the lid organizer, you can see a rack on the outside ????

Old 05-22-2006, 12:36 PM
One Black FLHXI
Advanced

You are correct. It didn't really make any sense to me that you couldn't use them together. They even provided a picture! Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like another order coming up for Zanotti's. Scott

Old 05-22-2006, 12:39 PM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It will work without any problems, have that set up on my 89 FLHTC. I have even heard of people putting the bolts right through the organizer to hold it better, since it uses double sided tape. I am currently using the organizer that mounts to the side walls of the tour pack on my 06 Ultra and think I like it better than the lid organizer.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:51 PM
One Black FLHXI
Advanced

I looked at the sidewall unit but, I went with the "Chopped Tour-Pak" to keep with the style of my Street Glide. Thanks for your reply. Perhaps someone else can benefit from you experience. Scott

Old 05-22-2006, 06:43 PM
UltraScoot
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: One Black FLHXI

You are correct. It didn't really make any sense to me that you couldn't use them together. They even provided a picture! Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like another order coming up for Zanotti's. Scott
before you buy the HD one, check out the one at eGlidegoodies.com first.

I beleive it's much better in looks and quality.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

I have an '05 Road Glide, and do have both the Tour-pak organizer and lid rack. To secure the organzier to inside the lid, I drilled the bolt holes for the rack through the organizer too. And, used two 1" x 1/4" bars to secure both the organizer and the tour-pak rack with the same bolts! The velcro strips that come with the organizer never stayed on too long, so having used the bolts guaranteed that the organizer will never come off.

ORIGINAL: dougbk

It will work without any problems, have that set up on my 89 FLHTC. I have even heard of people putting the bolts right through the organizer to hold it better, since it uses double sided tape. I am currently using the organizer that mounts to the side walls of the tour pack on my 06 Ultra and think I like it better than the lid organizer.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Pauljr
Cruiser

[quote]ORIGINAL: Kahuna

I have an '05 Road Glide, and do have both the Tour-pak organizer and lid rack. To secure the organzier to inside the lid, I drilled the bolt holes for the rack through the organizer too. And, used two 1" x 1/4" bars to secure both the organizer and the tour-pak rack with the same bolts! The velcro strips that come with the organizer never stayed on too long, so having used the bolts guaranteed that the organizer will never come off.

I did the same drilled right through the lid and organizer used the stock hardware. It's been 3 years and no problems. Every season I remove everything to give the tourpac lid a good waxing.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:32 PM
One Black FLHXI
Advanced

Thanks guys. Great tips! Scott

Old 05-23-2006, 09:25 AM
mrbearski
Cruiser

I have the lid organizer as well as the lid rack and I figure if the two-sided tape ever gives out, this is what I'll do. Just put fender washers on the bolts and it should hold forever.

Quick Reply: Tour-Pak Lid Organizer w/Lid Rack