Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need the lowdown on rinehart slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 09:52 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

also, the rineharts can be ridden quietly too. it's up to you how loud they are. the volume control is in your right hand. great quality, the rinehart mufflers in my opinion.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:13 PM
ThePointman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cloud09King
I had them on my King for a little while (You can still see them in my sig pic below). Put them on, rode with them for about 3 rides, then immediately took them off & sold 'em. Didn't like them at all. Yah, they do have a nice deep tone but not that much louder than stock. I was very dissapointed as you will be if your looking for pipes that make your bike sound like it's got a pair. Pick yourself up a set of Vance & Hines basic slip-ons. They're about $200 cheaper than the highly overated Rineharts IMO & you won't be dissapointed!
I also call Bullship! Mine sounds like a top fuel dragster at idle and a V8 while cruising. I can make em as loud as I want by cracking it hard or quiet but just tugging on it mellow. Truely the best pipes I have heard yet. I also have the true dual headers and that I am sure makes a difference.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:17 PM
mbrownls1
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking rineharts

I replaced the stock exhaust and screaming eagle touring mufflers with clockwerks double back headers and rinehart slip on mufflers. I had the race tuner program installed at the time i purchased the bike, I have not as yet done any re-programming, the bike runs great, picked up quite a bit of mid range torque i think, and the rineharts are simply the best sounding exhaust out there for me.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:35 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Monstermile
Price has gone through the roof on these again. Even the discount places like Easter Performance are asking almost $600. I had a set I bought in 2007 from EP that I paid $399 for. I see used sets on ebay going for that and more now.
I just contacted Mark at M&M Cycles, If anyone wants a deal on these, he has the chrome with black tip PN# 1801-0100 for $468 bucks plus shipping.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:24 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got the true duals and love them but would happier with a little louder sound. We installed rinehart slip-ons on my wifes 08 Nightster and the thing sounds like a muscle car on steroids. Frickin loud loud loud.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:08 PM
oliver99
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just put the rineharts on my 07 rkc last night and all i can say is i love them. i had bouht a set of se slip ons and did not like the sound and took them off 2 days later. i listened to a lot of biks at cruise nights and decided on the rineharts.

i bought them from m&m cycle in sandusky ohio and they were the best price i found and were very nice to deal with. they were cheaper than every thing i found on ebay.
good luck in your choice.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:40 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by joewg3
I just think it's awesome that your wife would pick up something like that for you. Cool lady you've got there. The only way my wife will go near my bike is if I told her I hid a Resee cup in the saddle bag.
Now that there is funny.