Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need the lowdown on rinehart slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009 | 10:20 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Choking off true potential??? If your only running slip-ons & nothing else then there's ALOT your "choking off" regardless of what brand slip-on your running. You don't think your "choking off" anything on your bike with just slip-ons & no change to your air cleaner & Fuel management? But if we're just talking about slip-on vs slip-ons here then you'd barely even be able to hear Rineharts along side someone with V&H Basic slip-ons. Yes, Rineharts are deep, but definately not louder then V&H & IMO don't sound overall better. The sound decibel level between the two is night & day. My buddy has got Rinehart slip-ons & when our bikes are side by side my V&H BASIC Slip-ons (not Ovals) almost completely drowns his out.

Listen: Go to your local H-D dealer & they'll be a pretty good chance that they'll have a bike in their shop with Rinehart slips & one with V&H slips. Make sure you hear the V&H basic slips & NOT OVALS. Have them start up both bikes side by side & you'll see proof for yourself.

Old 07-11-2009 | 08:29 PM
TexasFLHX
Road Master

I have RH's on my 09 FLHX. i've also got the stage 1 upgrade with the SE air filter and the FuelMotto PC V. I thought these slipons would be louder. Overall they are def. louder than stock tho. If you get on em you will hear them. I wear a full faced helmet and with it on can barely hear em.. With no full faced helmet lots louder. You will not **** off the neighbors with these pipes. Over all I like my choice and am glad i picked the RH's.

Last edited by TexasFLHX; 07-11-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-12-2009 | 07:34 AM
framer
Road Captain

I've had a couple sets Rineharts. I really like 'em. Nice "rumble" at idle and nice "bark" with a twist of the wick!!!

Eastern Performance Cycles here in Maryland has THE best pricing I've found anywhere on them. Especially if you buy 'em on their E-bay store.

Old 07-12-2009 | 09:33 AM
parrothead306
Cruiser

I don't have RH but there are plenty of people around here that do. I love the sound of them and will own a set eventually. I have pythons on the bike right now that came with it and they sound pretty loud I am told but I don't notice. I would suggest going to a local bike night around where uyou are and checking out different pipes. This is all a mute point if the wifey got you them for a birthday present though. good luck

Old 07-12-2009 | 10:00 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member

I had V&H on my RKC, now I have Rineharts on my Ultra. The Rineharts sound better to me. Deeper Harley sound. You can get them online in the $400's if you search around enough. I got mine from M&M Cycles for 450 back in Feb.

Old 07-12-2009 | 10:20 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by monkyman
I had V&H on my RKC, now I have Rineharts on my Ultra. The Rineharts sound better to me. Deeper Harley sound. You can get them online in the $400's if you search around enough. I got mine from M&M Cycles for 450 back in Feb.

Price has gone through the roof on these again. Even the discount places like Easter Performance are asking almost $600. I had a set I bought in 2007 from EP that I paid $399 for. I see used sets on ebay going for that and more now.

Old 07-12-2009 | 10:35 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member

Best advice is go to a Bike Nite event and listen to them. If your considering Rineharts listen to some Bub 7 or Brouhard Bubs as there same manufacturer. Phat Performance has good price on Bub 7's usually.

Old 07-12-2009 | 01:27 PM
joewg3
Tourer

I just think it's awesome that your wife would pick up something like that for you. Cool lady you've got there. The only way my wife will go near my bike is if I told her I hid a Resee cup in the saddle bag.

Old 07-12-2009 | 01:31 PM
Azman
Stage III
Default Reinharts

They are loud.....my buddies complain when they ride behind me, so ride in front of me! My buddy has a set which has lever to quiet them down
( push )and then when you want loud ( pull )....... on my next bike.

Old 07-12-2009 | 09:48 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

i wouldn't use anything other than the rinehart slip ons, every time me and my buds go riding, one of them will mention, man those rineharts rock. i have had them on my past few harleys. i like them that much. a few years ago the tips were anodized, an it didn't hold the black color well. they'd turn to almost a copper color. they're now powdercoated with a hi temp stuff then the rinehart name engraved into them. they hold their color and don't fade at all. all that being said, i am sorta leaning toward a 2 into 1 system. pondering the idea anyway. heck, i'll stick with what i got, it's paid for and done. good enuff for me.

Quick Reply: I need the lowdown on rinehart slip ons