Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need the lowdown on rinehart slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:19 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i've had rinehart slip ons on my last three new harleys. and am still using a set on my 08 streetglide. they do give that thump, and aren't obnoxious like straight pipes at all. they just are good quality glasspacks that sound great. and not annoying at cruising rpm's either. when i occasionally ride with friends, they always comment, "man, those rineharts sound sweet"

Old 07-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Best sound pipes out there IMO. They have a "thump thump" low bassy sound that you feel as well as hear as apposed to a growl or blatty sound like some of the pipe out there. Not too loud at idle and cruise but bark when ya get on it.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:13 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had them on my King for a little while (You can still see them in my sig pic below). Put them on, rode with them for about 3 rides, then immediately took them off & sold 'em. Didn't like them at all. Yah, they do have a nice deep tone but not that much louder than stock. I was very dissapointed as you will be if your looking for pipes that make your bike sound like it's got a pair. Pick yourself up a set of Vance & Hines basic slip-ons. They're about $200 cheaper than the highly overated Rineharts IMO & you won't be dissapointed!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Bigwillie
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cloud09king
i had them on my king for a little while (you can still see them in my sig pic below). Put them on, rode with them for about 3 rides, then immediately took them off & sold 'em. Didn't like them at all. Yah, they do have a nice deep tone but not that much louder than stock. I was very dissapointed as you will be if your looking for pipes that make your bike sound like it's got a pair. Pick yourself up a set of vance & hines basic slip-ons. They're about $200 cheaper than the highly overated rineharts imo & you won't be dissapointed!
bullsh1i

Old 07-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud09king
i had them on my king for a little while (you can still see them in my sig pic below). Put them on, rode with them for about 3 rides, then immediately took them off & sold 'em. Didn't like them at all. Yah, they do have a nice deep tone but not that much louder than stock. I was very dissapointed as you will be if your looking for pipes that make your bike sound like it's got a pair. Pick yourself up a set of vance & hines basic slip-ons. They're about $200 cheaper than the highly overated rineharts imo & you won't be dissapointed!

bullsh1i
Biggest waste of money I ever spent on my bike buying those Rineharts! I could have done ALOT with almost $600 bucks! When my friends came over to hear them after I had just installed them they almost laughed at me.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:13 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Jones
I want a "louder" sound out of my bike but not ridiculously loud sound and I was told to get the rinehart slip ons. I've never owned a touring bike but my next question probably don't matter what kind of bike it is....... and the same question use to **** me off when I read it here on the forum but it was usually asked when people put full exhaust on not slip ons. Do I need to do a filter and tune??? My last bike had full exhaust so I did the SE air cleaner and fuelpak right of the bat and the bike ran damn good. (BTW the fuelpak BLOWS!!!) I know the AC and tuner is the proper way to do the job but with just slip ons is it really needed??? The dealer told me that the computer will compensate itself and it will run fine. Personally I don't care to go fast anymore and the extra power I'll gain from the AC and tuner is not in my interest...... not to mention the gas milage dropped like a ton of bricks on my last bike which I wasn't happy about. I just want a little more rumble out of my scoot.

Thanks guys
Have a ton of buds that run with Rineharts and love them. They sound good to me. Definitely deeper sounding than the stock mufflers, but in terms of decibels, they're pretty low (i.e. won't hurt your ears).

Like Dawg said, just slip-ons; no tuner necessary.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:17 AM
mcouture
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

About 50% of the local bikes around here have Rineharts. ALL of them have a high-pitched, ear-piercing "pap pap pap" sound to them, with no low rumble to them.

To be honest, I did hear 2 bikes last month with Rineharts that did not have that high-pitch tone to them. They had that classic "Harley rumble". I wish I could have asked what they did to get that sound out of those pipes...

Old 07-10-2009, 08:18 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Posted my comments too quickly ...

You didn't say if you've heard a bike with Rinehart's on. There's enough out there that it wouldn't be hard to find one to give them a listen. Personally, I would never buy pipes or mufflers without hearing them first.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Ohio HD Guy
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Rinehart's sound awesome....loud on the throttle and just perfect when off of it. I get a lot of compliments on my Riney's...I am running True Duels however.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:31 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts

I'll see that bullshit and raise you another ++. Have had Rineharts on my last 3 HD and currently have them on my 09 FLHX with no problems. Had V&H Oval Slip-Ons on my RKC and the tech doing the dyna said that the ovals were choking off the bike's true potential. I only believe it cause I saw and felt the difference after going back to Rinehart slip-ons. Ultimately, it's your choice man.

Quick Reply: I need the lowdown on rinehart slip ons