Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Stage 1???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,142 Likes on 3,668 Posts

Originally Posted by 09BlueRoadKing
NOTGROWNUP, did you see any difference in seat of the pants power? How about your engine running cooler??
I feel like i got my 150 DOLLARS WORTH if that is what you are wondering about the stage 1...I can feel a big diff in the 0-60 power it gets up to 60 a lot quicker...i did it just before a trip to the hills and following my goldwing buddies and i feel i could keep up with them a lot better, they even commented on how close i stayed compared to previous trips...I bout the SE breather kit on EBAY for $100.00 so i think i did ok for $250.00....i didn't have 5 or 6 hundred dollars to dump so that was the best i could do. if i had to do it over i would. Really,how much power do you want....

Old 07-09-2009, 09:42 PM
09BlueRoadKing
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys, those were basically the answers I was looking for. Gonna do the stage 1 flash, along with the screaming eagle A/C and ride the **** out of it for a while. Already got a good deal on the vance&hines slip-ons,that are already on the bike. Thanks agian.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:52 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,142 Likes on 3,668 Posts

Thanks guys, those were basically the answers I was looking for. Gonna do the stage 1 flash, along with the screaming eagle A/C and ride the **** out of it for a while. Already got a good deal on the vance&hines slip-ons,that are already on the bike. Thanks agian.
! thing i forgot to mention is that i got the the option that cuts the rear cylinder off once it get to 300 degrees i think...it's automatic though..they are offering it stock on 08 and 09's...not supposed to mess with perf though....i got it and it has kicked in 1 time after riding the crap out of it in the hills and ending up in a town traffic jam...i could tell a diff in the rear heat coming from the motor..same price to do it or not...

Old 07-10-2009, 06:39 AM
oscarg
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have h/d stage 1 download with a/c and pipes and I am very happy. After hearing all the glowing reports on PCV I bought one and was very unimpressed it was no inprovement over dealer flash { which was a big inprovement over stock } I sent a E -mail to fuel moto but as of right now my pcv is on E bay. Oh by the way I expect to be beat up. The way people act I think half the people hear have stock in dynojet

Last edited by oscarg; 07-10-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:26 AM
GEORGEW
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Has anyone had the Stage 1 download and kept the stock A/C????

Old 07-10-2009, 11:43 AM
mcouture
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GEORGEW
Has anyone had the Stage 1 download and kept the stock A/C????
Good question! Anyone?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:07 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by oscarg
I have h/d stage 1 download with a/c and pipes and I am very happy. After hearing all the glowing reports on PCV I bought one and was very unimpressed it was no inprovement over dealer flash { which was a big inprovement over stock } I sent a E -mail to fuel moto but as of right now my pcv is on E bay. Oh by the way I expect to be beat up. The way people act I think half the people hear have stock in dynojet
thanks for the honest report, might save me a few hundred

Old 07-10-2009, 05:10 PM
GEORGEW
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Bump!

Old 07-10-2009, 07:16 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting close to 1000 mile service after break in and would like to do something to get a few more ponies and a bit more torque, also make the engine run a bit cooler not to mention maybe some better fuel milage. Ive got little over 500 miles on her now and the milage s#cks. What exactly is the map that the dealer programs into the bike gonna do for me?? Last bike I bought already had the screamin eagle super tuner, air breather, and vance and hines pipes on it when I bought it and it ran really good, and the milage was also around 47 to 48 on the hiway at 70 to 75 miles per hour. Dont have the funds right now to do a SEST or SERT, or PC V right now, so Im thinking of maybe just doing the dealer download and air breather. Already have some vance&hines slip ons. Would like some thoughts on the download and what its going to do for me until I can upgrade to one of the other units at a later time, is it gonna be worth it for a while?? Thanks
In addition to the Stage 1, you can install a power Commander V which will give you a richer mixture and go along way in cooling the bike down. However, rather than increasing your MPG you will decrease the MPG. There are trade off’s cooler more powerful engine = less MPG!

I live in an area were summer lasts 7 months and we generally average 100+ consecutive, 100+ degree days so this is what I did to cool down my notoriously hot 2009 103:

Power Commander V by Fuel Moto
Stage 1
Vance & Hines Oval Slip-ons
Jagg FLH 10-Row Oil Cooler
Big Sky Oil Cooler
Switched to Red Line 20W60 Synthetic Oil

All of the above lowered my oil temp reading by 50 degrees on a 105 degree day. Regardless of what you may hear about this product or that product, I don’t believe that there is any one single item that will significantly reduce the engine heat; it takes a combination of several things!

Stay Safe Out There!!!!

Jim

Old 07-10-2009, 09:02 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Not to rain on the Stage 1 parade, but you've bought the pipes and will buy the AC from the dealer for full-retail. Why not spend about $125-150 more and get a real EFI controller and a better AC with a cleanable element. That way you can grow if you decide to and won't waste the $150 or so on the HD download, which beyond the Stage 1 setup is a dead-end.

Call Fuel Moto and tell them you have the V&H mufflers and want the AC and PCV with a map to match the combo. Ask for their "mileage map," which isn't as far as you can go toward optimal mileage but is a start. There has been much discussion on this topic here.

As for mileage, you should not pass judgment on the bike until you've compiled some mileage and have it broken-in. OTOH, a stock configuration is about the best mileage you'll get out of an engine, as they already are tuned about as lean as can be programmed and still run.

Quick Reply: Dealer Stage 1???