Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good news, Bad news......

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006 | 11:49 PM
wnogood
|
Banned
Default Good news, Bad news......

The good news first...

Yesterday, myself and our usual group of buds went on the Alabama COPS ( Concerns of police survivors ) ride to Montgomery. Excellent ride! Stopped in at 29 Dreams for a cold one or twelve, and got by the Harley store at Trussville right as they were closing.

The bad news.....

After spending 10-15 minutes inside the Harley store, I returned to my bike for the last leg of a 420 mile day, and what did I find? OIL UNDER MY BIKE! A 6" puddle right under the primary drain plug. I assumed it must be a torn o-ring. I reluctantly rode it on home, hoping that I had sufficient oil left. I pulled the drain plug last night....o-ring looked great.....oh $hit....lets look further......DAMMIT!......the inner primary seal is leaking and running down, dripping off the drain plug. I took it to the local HD shop this afternoon, and they told me I could pick it up Tuesday afternoon. Not bad turn-around time. The service manager said that this is the BIGGEST problem they see.

More good news.....

I inquired as to whether or not I would create a warranty issue by installing aftermarket cams. The service manager said that obviously, they could not warranty the aftermarket parts, but he would have no problem warranteeing everything else. I told him that I was looking at the 510 lift Bob Woods cams and he even said that they would be a good choice.

So, all in all, not the worst weekend a guy could have, but I sure do hate to leave my bike with ANY dealer. Wish me luck! The last trip to the dealer cost me several hours rubbing out scratches......

nogood o~`o

Old 05-22-2006 | 12:06 AM
ILSRWY6
Cruiser
Default RE: Good news, Bad news......

Lived in B'ham for 17 yrs, until 18 months ago. Every city should have a 29 Dreams Bike resort. An outstanding place to ride and chill out for a little while, grab a burger and beer. Live is good.

Glad to hear nothing major with the bike..